Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just shows how a couple of injuries to key men can make all the difference. Now imagine VVD out for a few months? It could be carnage, Villa yesterday could have had at least ten, I couldn't believe what I was watching.

I know it’s only one game but the manner of the defeat and the scoreline prove that they’re far from invincible. No team is, no team was, and no team ever will be. Like us, they have their flaws but they’ve not been particularly evident over the past couple of seasons. They’ve had an incredible run of results in the league during that time, just as we had prior to that, but those runs don’t last forever and when you set the bar so high there’s only one way it can go eventually.
All of a sudden, our 5-2 defeat to Leicester doesn’t look quite so bad but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we’ve seen some utterly bizarre looking results during these Covid times and there could be more to come (don’t get me wrong, I think Leicester, Spurs, and Villa have all fully deserved their big wins over the past couple of weekends), and maybe some of the knicker wetters who were all over the forum last week when Liverpool were despatching Arsenal might calm down a bit now.

Both those wonderful results from yesterday have been coming for some time. The dippers and the rags have been riding their luck for a long time, and it was inevitable that sooner or later they'd take a pounding.
VAR has played such a significant part in their recent successes - asterisk league and CL qualification respectively, they probably thought this was how it was always going to be, in particular the rags when they got their obligatory penalty yesterday.
And the same could be said for the dippers, they've been buying into the media myth that Vain Dick is some kind of Colossus in the world of defenders - he isn't. He is a capable defender, no more. But with typical Scouse arrogance they won't see it.

So of the two, I think the rags are the least likely to be able to dust themselves off, get up, and have another go. The dippers arrogance will see them get over their mauling from yesterday, the rags are way too far below the mediocrity line to be able to just shrug their collective shoulders and try again.

No seriously now.

As the dust has settled a little following yesterday's mad cap results.

The only thing that surprises me about the six and seven goal humiliation of the premium leagues two biggest clubs is that it took this long to come.

The media have been spinning their propaganda for so long now that other clubs have bought into the hype. I've been saying it for a few years now: "if you take either of these two teams on and play your own game the points are there for the taking".

We've all seen that Klopp can only compete for one trophy at a time because he can only play his trusted eleven players. As for the rags they've got Noddy at the wheel so nothing more really needs to be said about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.