Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine signing two CBs and playing your best defensive midfielders at CB instead. It just made things easier for us.
They lack any quality through the middle of the pitch so are massively reliant on the fullbacks and 2 wingers, play a 4-4-2 and press their back-line like we did second half and you'll reduce them to a bottom half team. Hope other managers pick-up on that and push them further down the table.

Its nothing to do with injuries, they happen but Klopp is the biggest culprit of there demise this season. He's trying to make them play more through transitions and quite frankly the players aren't up to it. They are brilliant at what they have done the past 2 seasons, high press and diagonals into the channels for the whippets to mop up. The introduction of Thiago was to try and play through the middle but I'm not so sure the other midfielders are comfortable when they haven't got space. The full backs are there best on the ball players (barring the front 3) and the midfield of Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum protected them while they bombed forward. Now Trent and Robertson are in no mans land.

Its nothing to do with injuries, they happen but Klopp is the biggest culprit of there demise this season. He's trying to make them play more through transitions and quite frankly the players aren't up to it. They are brilliant at what they have done the past 2 seasons, high press and diagonals into the channels for the whippets to mop up. The introduction of Thiago was to try and play through the middle but I'm not so sure the other midfielders are comfortable when they haven't got space. The full backs are there best on the ball players (barring the front 3) and the midfield of Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum protected them while they bombed forward. Now Trent and Robertson are in no mans land.
Yeah, Pep said that he had to change his tactics this season because he was asking too much of the players physically during such a crazy season. Klopp hasn't adapted his tactics successfully, or can't, and is suffering as a result.

I may be being overoptimistic but I think it is over for them, well at least this dynasty ( shortest one ever ) their players look genuinely fatigued, there isn't the same confidence about them and dare I say it some of their stars no longer look enthusiastic. Plopp has no plan B and he's flogged them so much they're looking at a bit of an overhaul. Any rumours about Salad and Mane leaving yet? And ''Bobby'' has to be one of the most over rated Premier league players ever, what does he actually offer them?

Some things are sensible but to say Liverpool are a second division side is idiotic
look at my post on page 856 i was responding to a scouse numpty saying City would be a league 2 team if it wasnt for the oil money. I was tongue in cheek but the scouser wasnt. I even said i was being childish bloody lighten up ! , But the point still stands liverpool would be a mid table team if they stopped cheating and the help of VAR.

I may be being overoptimistic but I think it is over for them, well at least this dynasty ( shortest one ever ) their players look genuinely fatigued, there isn't the same confidence about them and dare I say it some of their stars no longer look enthusiastic. Plopp has no plan B and he's flogged them so much they're looking at a bit of an overhaul. Any rumours about Salad and Mane leaving yet? And ''Bobby'' has to be one of the most over rated Premier league players ever, what does he actually offer them?
hopefully you not being over optimistic --

time will tell, as for sure we looked like we had some players (in sept / oct ) who looked fatigued & dare i say it a manager who looked devoid of a spark....

so it can turn, but whether Bingo has the skills to find a way to change to 'plan B' is what we will find out over the next few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.