Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a clear penalty, Dias should not have grabbed him, the second you do that it's a foul anywhere on the pitch, the box is no different.

However, I dislike how it always has to be either a penalty or a dive, it can be both and often is.

Salah should have been awarded the penalty but also booked for diving it was pathetic and I'm sick of pundits using the "its part of the game" or "there's contact" lines to excuse it. Needs stamping out of the game and the only way that happens is if refs start punishing it and also awarding penalties for fouls when a player tries to stay on his feet which is a big part of it.
Conflating issues and coming to poor conclusion.

It was two players fighting to gain an advantage. Salah’s arm is across Dias, Dias grabs at it (momentarily) and releases it. Salah feels the contact and suddenly realizes touching his upper arm has made him lose the motor control to his legs, has caused his arms to flail, and his head to be thrown back!

If it’s not a dive, Salah needs to see a neurologist, because he has a motor-neuron disease that appears to be activated by touching.

I’m not for injuring a player, but someone needs to go straight through him in the box for a penalty and, in the post match interview, say, “I knew the minute I touched him anywhere on his body that he was going to crumble to the ground, so I thought I’d at least make him EARN IT!”

Mané is the same, as is Rashford. He was going across the edge of the box against Everton and stepped into the player and started going down before he was even touched. I hate to say it, but I see it everywhere, even from Jesus and Sterling, every now and then.

Sadly, as you rightly pointed out, refs are so shit that the attempt to stay on ones feet, but ultimately lose the ball, is too often not called as a foul in and around the box, and so the honest player is penalized not the foul.

Salah should have got a yellow card. The end. Yes, there’s contact and, yes, Dias grabs at his arm, but it’s all part of the game, and certainly wasn’t the type of contact that leads to the “immediate onset severe epilepsy” that Salah displayed.

Last edited:
I wonder who should be more knackered?

Games all competitions from start of 17/18 to the last game played on Sunday.

Liverpool 201 game’s
Manchester City 211 game’s

Please note,
Liverpool received 14 days rest as part of winter break 19/20 season.
Liverpool’s 19/20 season finished on Sunday 26th July.
Liverpool started their 20/21 league campaign on Saturday 12th Sept.
Liverpool players received 3 weeks holiday, then started preseason including the Community Sheild.

both teams provided players for international break 5th 6th 7th Sept.

Manchester City received 12 day’s rest as part of winter break.
Manchester City‘s 19/20 season finished on 15th August.
Manchester City’s 20/21 season started on Monday 21Sept.
Manchester City players received 2 weeks holiday, and only 1 week preseason.

Dias was naive but I honestly don't see a foul. Dias does have his hand on Salah's arm but there is no tug or pull that I can see. Pundits often say they have to go down to sell the foul and get the penalty otherwise the ref won't give it. However that only applies to a select number of players - everyone else goes down softly.

Compare that penalty to any number of fouls on Dave, Jesus, Raheem and Aguero over the years and see nothing given and the inconsistency is glaring.

The same ref that gave Salah that penalty didn't give Rodri a penalty against Tottenham. Difficult to understand why VAR didn't take a look particularly when you consider the head of VAR's response to why the Rodri incident wasnt awarded https://talksport.com/football/5903...enham-var-neil-swarbrick-rodri-gabriel-jesus/

Dias was naive but I honestly don't see a foul. Dias does have his hand on Salah's arm but there is no tug or pull that I can see. Pundits often say they have to go down to sell the foul and get the penalty otherwise the ref won't give it. However that only applies to a select number of players - everyone else goes down softly.

Compare that penalty to any number of fouls on Dave, Jesus, Raheem and Aguero over the years and see nothing given and the inconsistency is glaring.

The same ref that gave Salah that penalty didn't give Rodri a penalty against Tottenham. Difficult to understand why VAR didn't take a look particularly when you consider the head of VAR's response to why the Rodri incident wasnt awarded https://talksport.com/football/5903...enham-var-neil-swarbrick-rodri-gabriel-jesus/
This is sort of the crux of the problem. The likes of Salah, Mane, Martial etc. are creating the illusion of an offence with THEIR actions and theatrics, and the refs are falling for it. Some are legit pens, I acknowledge that, but all this flying through the air with arms windmilling everywhere is ridiculous. Cheats, simple as.

2 of the biggest myths in football: the Anfield atmosphere and city's lack of atmosphere / crowd. We are totally living in an era of fake news where twitter twats' nonsense is taken as gospel.

Funny how the away fans are normally louder than the norwegian tourists when they are having the pre-match sing-a-long to that morose shite that they nicked off someone. Aside from that, there's a bit of life when they are all screeching for handballs and penalties.

The atmosphere we generated at the Etihad on the night we beat the dippers 2-1 when Leroy scored the winner, culminating in them bottling the league was, without a shadow of a doubt, immeasurably better than any of the 'noise' they have ever managed to generate in their shit tip ..

What's more there wasn't a song sheet in site, unlike at dipper central at 5 to 3..!

It was pure, raw passion, generated by proper fans..!

The dippers buckled that night, 100%..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.