Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a collection of Salad gifs not diving and trying to keep his feet. None of these demonstrate less force applied to Salad than Dias applied on Sunday. The issue is that Salad and everyone else for that matter is willing to battle for the ball outside the 18-yard box but once inside there seems to be an entirely different set of rules.

Attachments

• F51EA268-9470-46EA-8E5B-AE2D846759BE.gif
    F51EA268-9470-46EA-8E5B-AE2D846759BE.gif
    835.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 9D92AE8A-7795-4C56-B704-D64BDF36D6C6.gif
    9D92AE8A-7795-4C56-B704-D64BDF36D6C6.gif
    844.9 KB · Views: 60
It was a clear penalty, Dias should not have grabbed him, the second you do that it's a foul anywhere on the pitch, the box is no different.

However, I dislike how it always has to be either a penalty or a dive, it can be both and often is.

Salah should have been awarded the penalty but also booked for diving it was pathetic and I'm sick of pundits using the "its part of the game" or "there's contact" lines to excuse it. Needs stamping out of the game and the only way that happens is if refs start punishing it and also awarding penalties for fouls when a player tries to stay on his feet which is a big part of it.
The law as written in Law 12 says it's an offence to either hold or impede a player (among other things).

Did Dias ever actually grab hold of Salah or did he just put his arms out as they were both jostling? I don't think he did. He certainly touched Salah but "hold"?

The law could be written to say something like the player fouled has to be impeded or brought down wholly and as a direct consequence of an opposition player's act, for it to be a foul. If the ref feels that the opposition player has made the most of slight contact, then he should be able to order play to carry on.

The law as written in Law 12 says it's an offence to either hold or impede a player (among other things).

Did Dias ever actually grab hold of Salah or did he just put his arms out as they were both jostling? I don't think he did. He certainly touched Salah but "hold"?

The law could be written to say something like the player fouled has to be impeded or brought down wholly and as a direct consequence of an opposition player's act, for it to be a foul. If the ref feels that the opposition player has made the most of slight contact, then he should be able to order play to carry on.
Yep, it’s a contact sport all over the pitch, players tussle for the ball all across the middle of the park and it’s not a problem but it suddenly becomes a non-contact sport in the box so that a player touched on the arm can pull his heels up to his arse and lunge himself screaming to the ground. It’s madness but that’s how it goes.

When Yaya dived at Etihad, City supporters, including both Mrs Vienna and I, booed him.
Was that the Yaya one at the Family Stand end? When he was at the end of a long run but ran into defenders and lost the ball, then seemed to give up and threw himself to the floor? Everyone of us went mad at him and one guy nearby stood up and shouted 'You're not worth the shirt if you do that!' Thank goodness Yaya and our lads got the message that day..

He was also "sniped" earlier in the match (posted P866)

o4wQofW.gif
The total lack of reaction from his own team mates says enough. No one is bothered

Was that the Yaya one at the Family Stand end? When he was at the end of a long run but ran into defenders and lost the ball, then seemed to give up and threw himself to the floor? Everyone of us went mad at him and one guy nearby stood up and shouted 'You're not worth the shirt if you do that!' Thank goodness Yaya and our lads got the message that day..
Yeah, that’s the one I was thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.