Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
it obviously helps when the chief constable supports you. anderson was right in what he said about them, fair play to him for being brave enough to stand up to them
Oh yes l had forgotten the Chief Constable who forgot to put his duties and responsibilities before his sports team.
No wonder 1000s of young people were on the streets on the Sunday before restrictions were applied. Selfish sods putting their own fun before the health of others.

Nice to see a bit of consistency from the FA with Bilic getting charged with improper conduct for questioning a referee, exactly the same as Goofy and the Dirty Scotch Cnut at the end of last season, oh, wait a minute..... ;)
Yes l thought he was quite subdued compared with the snarling, spraying abuse you see with them on a regular basis.

Standard Chartered may have moved terrorism related funds.... wow.... wonder what the thoughts of our favourite WhatsApp Group are on this (Delaney etc.)?

"A British bank moved money that may have been linked to terrorist financing, leaked documents show.
Standard Chartered Bank processed almost $12m (£9.4m) in payments for Jordan's Arab Bank from 2014 to 2016.
In 2016, Standard Chartered filed a report alerting authorities to more than 900 transactions that it suspected might have been for "illicit activities under the guise of charity".
The report raised concerns about "possible terrorist financing".
The payments were reviewed after a US jury in 2014 found Arab Bank had knowingly provided banking services to the Palestinian militant group Hamas in the early 2000s."
This story has been around for years but I haven't seen any UK media mention the Liverpool link, certainly not in a prominent way. Standard Chartered are Liverpool's main sponsors following their £160m deal in 2018 and the club trumpets them on their website. Can you imagine the coverage we would get if our biggest sponsors laundered money for terrorist murderers. It's not speculation they were found gulty of it.

Your winged Chesterfield, scotch and soda and copy of the 'FT' await you at The Old Gits' Club. There you will be able to watch for yourself on the newly installed televisual device in the members-only Long Room just how awful Mendy was (he wasn't), how completely useless a striker Jesus is (he isn't) and how Pep got his team selection/tactics wrong (he didn't) and so on and so on and so on..
Seems a loser either way. My memory is again stretched trying to recall a Gentleman's club we used near Picadilly. It wasn't as plush as l expected and certainly not the Charlton Club.
I thought of your post about the talent shows on TV just after the lunch time news which dealt mainly with the new restrictions. Some female voiceover asked if the new rules affected me and then informed me l could boost my life and lessen tension by watching the new series of the Great British Bake-off. OK is not talentless singers but it is a similar contrived sequence of expectant people with their cock ups, tears and the obligatory judging with the interminable pause as the cameras pan over each in turn.
What sort of nutter wants to watch a cake being made you can't taste the proof of the bloody pudding?
So our evening will be spent watching a Scandinavian Noir programme in preference to some British crap. Win win for me as l can read the subtitles without admitting l am going a bit deaf as well as enjoying the drama and observing attractive young Swedesses.

Seems a loser either way. My memory is again stretched trying to recall a Gentleman's club we used near Picadilly. It wasn't as plush as l expected and certainly not the Charlton Club.
I thought of your post about the talent shows on TV just after the lunch time news which dealt mainly with the new restrictions. Some female voiceover asked if the new rules affected me and then informed me l could boost my life and lessen tension by watching the new series of the Great British Bake-off. OK is not talentless singers but it is a similar contrived sequence of expectant people with their cock ups, tears and the obligatory judging with the interminable pause as the cameras pan over each in turn.
What sort of nutter wants to watch a cake being made you can't taste the proof of the bloody pudding?
So our evening will be spent watching a Scandinavian Noir programme in preference to some British crap. Win win for me as l can read the subtitles without admitting l am going a bit deaf as well as enjoying the drama and observing attractive young Swedesses.
So you're putting an old Seka film on then ;-)

Last edited:
I am sure they apologised to the Mayor and said 'you were right and we should have not have said we were dismayed and disappointed at your view as the elected mayor of this city.'
But I seem to have missed it.
Of course they did, just like they apologised for Heysel 35 years ago.
We must have all missed it.

Nice to see a bit of consistency from the FA with Bilic getting charged with improper conduct for questioning a referee, exactly the same as Goofy and the Dirty Scotch Cnut at the end of last season, oh, wait a minute..... ;)
BeIn Sports played the incident, with swearing included, at half time of the game on Saturday.

All Bilic said was; “Why did you check their goal but not the red card? Why? Just check it, just fucking check it!”

And that’s it.

When you see the swearing fits some players and managers have with the officials, the red card for Bilic was a joke!

Ffs
2a91dc8ac6365c437a1e7fea96c54f65.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.