Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted on the weekend thread last night. I thought that a result like this (OK not quite so bad) was always possible.
After City showed us up hugely only a couple of months ago, I always thought it was possible. As others have said, it only takes one or two injuries and our squad depth (in key areas) leaves us vulnerable.
A bad day for Liverpool but you gotta hand it to Smith and his team, they did one hell of a job.
Like with the 5-1 I hope Klopp takes a serioyus look and thinks that maybe he needs a plan B. That the high line may not always work without Alison and that we may not fire as well without mane.
As has been said many many times on here and something I have agreed with....lets hope it teaches some other less sensible "fans" a little perspective and humility.

No preseason, players not being allowed recovery time and squads being unable to cover it. Been saying from the beginning, there's gonna be a lot of odd results like this, rags and ours against Leicester. The way they played last night against Villa, the high line is always there but they rarely allow you time to get it in behind and they also have Alisson who is better at sweeper.

Break has come at a good time for them as well, assume Mane will be back (?) and Henderson will be game ready as well. But its bound to put a lot of doubt in some of the players, here's hoping!

No preseason, players not being allowed recovery time and squads being unable to cover it. Been saying from the beginning, there's gonna be a lot of odd results like this, rags and ours against Leicester. The way they played last night against Villa, the high line is always there but they rarely allow you time to get it in behind and they also have Alisson who is better at sweeper.

Break has come at a good time for them as well, assume Mane will be back (?) and Henderson will be game ready as well. But its bound to put a lot of doubt in some of the players, here's hoping!
Exactly, unfortunately these players will likely only miss the one game, whereas our walking wounded (or infected) end up missing 3 or 4.

Jammy sods.

Mane is their outlet and relieves the pressure on the defence, when he’s not there they lose that spark, if you get at the two fullbacks you cut off any supply to the forwards. Maybe like teams have sussed us and pack the defence other teams will try this more against Liverpool, keep Mane quiet when he’s back (a lot harder than just saying it) and you can beat these, time and again. Should be a n interesting season anyway.

From RAWK:

"But let's put it in perspective 3 goals from massive reflections, 2 that looked offside to me and a goalkeeping howler. Add that to a stonewall pen for Mo waved away at 1-0. Could have been a completely different game but EVERYTHING that could have gone against us, did so."

Flukey deflections - check
Questionable offsides - check
Goalkeeping errors - check
Pens not given - check

Sounds like he's describing 90% of Liverpool's goals for the past 2 seasons

Lovren telling Liverpool fans to shut up on social media suggesting that they will never know anything about football.

"

Go support someone else' - Lovren hits out at unhappy Liverpool fans after Villa defeat​

Reactions: dom
As I posted on the weekend thread last night. I thought that a result like this (OK not quite so bad) was always possible.
After City showed us up hugely only a couple of months ago, I always thought it was possible. As others have said, it only takes one or two injuries and our squad depth (in key areas) leaves us vulnerable.
A bad day for Liverpool but you gotta hand it to Smith and his team, they did one hell of a job.
Like with the 5-1 I hope Klopp takes a serioyus look and thinks that maybe he needs a plan B. That the high line may not always work without Alison and that we may not fire as well without mane.
As has been said many many times on here and something I have agreed with....lets hope it teaches some other less sensible "fans" a little perspective and humility.

Never happening... They're a cult... pure and simple

Unless you are talking about our fans who have a meltdown at the drop of a hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.