Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting piece today about why the wheels have fallen off since Van Dijk's tragic death/knee injury.

I'm not one to defend Klopp but I find it hard to believe he thinks we've magically had a 2 week break out of nowhere. As others have said if you add up all the rest both teams have had this season, I think we'll find that Liverpool have had way more rest(more injuries though). I think it's probably been taken out of context here.

Maybe his words were lost in translation or he misspoke. We did have 2 weeks at the end of the season,which is less than most other teams had. He could have been saying all teams haven't had much of a break and are showing signs of it. Ie "because of COVID City only had a 2 week break in the summer".

Pep picked up on some of our passing being off after the match against Burnley, getting the simple things wrong without being pressed and some of the passing was without any intent to create anything(seemed frustrated by that). I've been thinking about when the fatigue is going to affect us with the games we have coming up, even despite the rotation. There's a lot of minutes in most of our players legs already and we have a tough schedule this month. The only good thing, is the leveller that all teams are going to be feeling it this time around.

Last edited:
I'm not one to defend Klopp but I find it hard to believe he thinks we've magically had a 2 week break out of nowhere. I think it's probably been taken out of context here.

Maybe his words were lost in translation or he misspoke. We did have 2 weeks at the end of the season, he could have been saying all teams haven't had much of a break and are showing signs of it. Ie "because of COVID City only had a 2 week break in the summer".

Pep picked up on some of our passing being off after the match against Burnley, getting the simple things wrong without being pressed and some of the passing was without any intent to create anything(seemed frustrated by that). I've been thinking about when the fatigue is going to affect us with the games we have coming up, even despite the rotation. There's a lot of minutes in most of our players legs already and we have a tough schedule this month.
I've just watched it, it wasn't out of context. He didn't make it his main point but he said it. His comments on dias being compared to VVD sound a lot more disrespectful in print than they were though, to be fair.

I think it's dawning on their fanbase that they're fading back into insignificance. No-one cares about their 'history'. They're just like Blackburn and Leicester who popped their heads above the parapet for a year or two and then fell back into mediocrity. Other than murdering 39 people in a European Cup final they're just any other club.

Funny as anything!

I wouldn't right of Leicester just yet but Blackburn deffo won't win the Prem this season.

I've just watched it, it wasn't out of context. He didn't make it his main point but he said it. His comments on dias being compared to VVD sound a lot more disrespectful in print than they were though, to be fair.
Then he really is deluded. Liverpool have had more injuries but had far more days off for recovery than City so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.