Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please. Please. Can 1 Liverpool fan, just 1 Liverpool fan, start posting again on this thread. Thank you.
Ah ay. Thought yous were boss yesterday la. But if Bobby had scored and Big Virg had been playing like, we'd have beat you. And if we'd been there in the Kop, like, we'd have stopped yous lot scoring like.

That better?

///Everything you say is true. But on the other hand I wouldn’t want my club to be owned by a sugar daddy. I never want to see my club sack Gerrard the way Chelsea sacked Lampard. It’s just not who we are.

When people talk about catching up with City, I think they don’t realize they are talking about a team that spent more than half a billion ONLY on defenders in the last 2-3 years. There is no catching up unless you get petrol money and that’s a fact. I am in no way saying they influence referees or there is match fixing, but I can say that they somehow have some influence on FIFA and UEFA. They are allowed spend money like there’s no tomorrow, either barely regulated or even if regulated they find loopholes with sponsorships and other ways that I am not clever enough to understand. Football is completely different than what it was, and it is very easy to get lost in it. We have to be careful with our spending.

Young and new supporters are more enthusiastic about stats, silverware and big names and I absolutely understand that, but I just can’t be arsed about those. I mean of course silverwares are great, but for me Liverpool is more than that. It’s just for me though, so I am not saying this is how it should be for everybody.//
Interesting post. Why don’t Liverpool spend that much on defenders?

We all have to live within FFP rules & Mansour hasn’t put any Money into City for years.

Liverpool have a higher income than City, so what you should be asking yourself is:

Why can City spend more money than Liverpool in the transfer market?

Is it because
a) We have an owner who takes nothing out of the club where Fenway rinse Liverpool

Or
b) We have an owner who takes nothing out of the club where Fenway rinse Liverpool?

Are you even aware of the US franchise sports model, which is basically put nothing in & take plenty out?

If you don’t believe me, look at baseball & NFL, how much Glazer & Fenway are worth, then look at how much your glorious owners or Glazers put into United or Liverpool, then take a look at how much they take out.

It really does make me laugh when scousers & United fans moan about sugar daddies. You’ve had your own in the past, whereas now, you’re being taken for a ride by Yanks who see you as a cash cow & you can’t even see it

Take take take & take a little bit more

Pmsl

Bin dippers gonna dip bins.

At the end of the day, they still have:

Robertson
TAA
Henderson
Salad
Mane
Firmino
Thiago
Wijnaldum
Alisson
Fabinho

That is 8/11 of their starting core from last year + Thiago.

Following last season, everyone was ready to anoint TAA as the next Ballon D’Or winner from England. Henderson was supposedly the best player in the Prem last year according to the FWA. (An interesting sidenote, Raz winning it for 2018-19 was the first City player to win it since Tony Book in 1968-69, Dippers won 14 since then). Salad had won 2 of the last 3 Prem Golden Boot awards and Mane tied him in 18-19.

That is pretty good collection of players that shouldn’t be shipping 7 to Villa and losing at home to BHA and Burnley in succession. All of them except Wijnaldum were considered top 10 in the world according to ESPN 2 months ago in December when they released their FC 100. Mane, TAA, and Robertson were ranked top for their positions.

Hypothetically, how well would any other top manager do with those players and having to figure out central defense? It is really amazing when you think about the collection of attacking talent that they have and they still can’t score. It is truly confounding when you consider that Henderson and Fabinho, are playing CB.

Dippers are overrated or poorly managed. Clearly, last 2 seasons’ results show that they have good enough players to get results. Flopp clearly doesn’t have a clue how to fix things. Losing to us is one thing, we are good. Losing to the rags when you have 7-8/11 better players is inexcusable. This team will be a joke by season-end.

//Honestly, the FSG approach is logical in any other business then football, when you compete against owners like Man City who treat their clubs as vehicles for sports washing. It's a bloody fact that absent their corrupt capital, we win in 13/14, we win in 18/19. Am I sad we did not reload when the iron was hot? Yes, but I also hate that we have to compete against that lot and their ill-gotten gains.//
Corrupt capital??? Boo fucking hoo.
What does sports washing mean?

Does it mean making loads of money as a business man from buying a football because that’s exactly what Mansour has done

We all have to live within FFP rules & Mansour hasn’t put any Money into City for years.

Liverpool have a higher income than City, so what you should be asking yourself is:

Is it because
a) We have an owner who takes nothing out of the club where Fenway rinse Liverpool

Or
b) We have an owner who takes nothing out of the club where Fenway rinse Liverpool?

Are you even aware of the US franchise sports model, which is basically put nothing in & take plenty out?

If you don’t believe me, look at baseball & NFL, how much Glazer & Fenway are worth, then look at how much your glorious owners or Glazers put into United or Liverpool, then take a look at how much they take out.

It really does make me laugh when scousers & United fans moan about sugar daddies. You’ve had your own in the past, whereas now, you’re being taken for a ride by Yanks who see you as a cash cow & you can’t even see it

Pmsl
I suspect it is a), but you could make a case for b)

This is the difference between pep and kloop
Pep game is based on dominance and the team to improve every season and try and win year after year and strengthen the squad
Kloops game is based on assembling a class 11 -13 players and no back up
In Germany everyone knows Munich win the league year in year out and you get one shot at a league title he did that with dortmund then nearly got relegated the season after. His job was done and its back to as you were
He has took a big tilt at the prem league won it and sat back in his armchair with a big fat cigar and said job done.
He will be moved on by next season

Is it because

Or

Pmsl

Well said. Supporters of other clubs need to check the facts before spouting vitriol about City. Yes, it did seem like we won the lottery at the time but what we have done since has been a great example to others. Not just turning us into a successful and self-sustaining business but the investment in Manchester and creation of jobs in what was a run-down area of the city. Liverpool have had 2 successive owners - Hicks & Gillett who drove them to within a whisker of administration, and now FSG who as you say seem to be doing what Yank owners seem to do with all their sports interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.