Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know who it was but some scouser on talk sport earlier with another blinding excuse. The reason why they are not scoring is because all the chances are falling to Firmino who is not as clinical as salah or mane???!!? Hahahahaha

The problem for the Dippers this season is that they are burnt out from mourning. There as been a death with some sort of connection to their club almost every week of the season, putting them into mourning mode before every game.

Ian St John
Gerry Marsden
Captain Sir Tom Moore
Maradonna
Johnny Briggs
Larry King
Mary Wilson
Phil Spector
Betty from the chippy
Gordon the gerbil
911 anniversary
etc etc etc

Maybe we should cut them some slack, for as we well know they are a very sensitive breed
I started to read down the list, with a butterfly of excitement in my stomach. Then came the utter despair, the feeling of reaching rock bottom and the butterfly had flown away leaving me with a space in my stomach now filled with vomit.

One day the joy will return and stay with me just a little longer.
One day the list will include, Aldridge!

Unsurprisingly, they look jaded and legless. Having been really lucky with injuries for the previous 2 seasons, they've now had a bad run of injuries to key players. The squad is not deep enough to maintain the standard of their best 11 and some players are now being overplayed when they should be being rested.

Most of their their creativity/assists used to come from their full backs but defensive insecurity means that they can't bomb on as before - they have no creativity in midfield, hence no goals.

I expect they will come again once injuries heal and players get a decent rest.
I think they need a re-build and a different tactical approach like we have done. I am not sure Klopp is the right person to do it. Creativity in midfield is essential in the modern game and these sort of players do not come cheap, that's if you can find them in the first place.

From Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp:

"We adapt to the situation and the way we want to get stability. There is always an awful lot to do.

"The most important thing is out decision making in decisive moments. Chelsea had more shots on target than we had. Lots of things are good but the last pass was not.

"I don't think [a drop-off] it was inevitable. Maybe constantly [moving] in one direction is not always possible but you can only do that if your problems are not bigger than solutions. Most difficult league to stay on top for a long period is England. One team who can is Manchester City. The rest all have to fight.

"Coming second or third in a year when it is not perfect is okay. Our situation is different – I think we agree it’s a really strange one, injury-wise and football is more rhythm than people think. We’ve never had that to build, we had to change too much. That’s clear."

Just f**k off!

From Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp:

"We adapt to the situation and the way we want to get stability. There is always an awful lot to do.

"The most important thing is out decision making in decisive moments. Chelsea had more shots on target than we had. Lots of things are good but the last pass was not.

"I don't think [a drop-off] it was inevitable. Maybe constantly [moving] in one direction is not always possible but you can only do that if your problems are not bigger than solutions. Most difficult league to stay on top for a long period is England. One team who can is Manchester City. The rest all have to fight.

"Coming second or third in a year when it is not perfect is okay. Our situation is different – I think we agree it’s a really strange one, injury-wise and football is more rhythm than people think. We’ve never had that to build, we had to change too much. That’s clear."

Just f**k off!
Perhaps if he really thought about how the whole set up at city works he might have thought to set up the same

We had a whole team out with injuries and covid and we had a hard time but pep didnt feel sorry for himself , he just got on and found solutions , he is a shit manager when you think about the big picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.