Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s easier to see where you’re rivals have been lucky but ignore where you’re own team has benefited.
The penalty that should’ve been awarded in the Everton game ? Newcastle game ?, foul on Odegaard? The tactical fouls which go unbooked ?
Richarlison was offside, there was no check(possibly because the current rules only say they are only automatic on goal decisions) despite Lampard's crowing. There was never enough time to do both checks, Sky weren't told about an offside at all and no offside still was shown.

The Newcastle one I think should have been a penalty but to be fair City had the ball and Ederson wasn't even trying to challenge the Newcastle player, he was going for a ball that his defender decided to deal with for him. I still think that was fortunate though because Ederson messed up there, regardlesss City were always winning that game anyway. Lets not forget though, Liverpool scored a goal while a player was down(head injury protocol) holding his head in his own box. Later in the match, Trent Alexander got the man before the ball in his last ditch tackle from behind, so Liverpool got away with more against the same team. Both of those games were before Eddie Howe took over and they were never going to get anything more than loss IMO so I didn't make too much of either game.

Odegaard penaly? I know you're used to getting them all the time for Salah and Mané but I've got news for you. It's not a foul every time a player goes to ground. Odegaard overran the ball, then he was simply well beaten with a well timed a tackle(he got a toe on the ball first, that's the end of it) and stood on a keepers foot(so there wasn't even a follow through to claim). Meanwhile, just last night in the CL, Alisson completely blocks off a players path, leaving him nothing but a wall for him to clatter into and you lot say that's not a pen.

Waffling about tactical fouls?
That's the cherry on top that. Delusional levels of irony and a lack of self awareness(about your club) coming from a Liverpool fan isn't surprising but it never ceases to be annoying. Your players have ALWAYS done the exact same thing when someone beats their high press under Klopp. The difference is, not only are they not carded for it, more often than not it's not even given as a foul so doesn't show up in the stats.

Don't get me started on the amount of red cardd your players have got away with these past couple of seasons. Mané in particular seems untouchable in that respect. Funnily enough there was one in the Everton game he escaped while it was still tight(1-0).

As for impact on the title race, as others have said far more significant is the fact that Milner escaped a second yellow card TWICE at Anfield, both blatant. It was exactly the same scenario at the Etihad, only this time with Thiago. Both games where City dominated the first half and were edging the second half, with plenty of time left on the clock to take advantage when the second yellow card fouls came. They say each of those games is worth 6 points but 6 points on it's own is a huge difference.

All of this is just to say most of the calls you've been moaning about were either the correct calls for the wrong reason or just plainly the correct calls... But even if they hadn't have been your lot has ZERO room to complain with the amount of "favours"/mistakes gone your way from VAR and the referees.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it’s looking better and better for them. Can’t see them slipping up, just hope we can return from tonight and see the 4 games out

Lets hope the Real players see all the Liverpool fans delighted to be facing them as they think they are average. Should fire them up and they can rest players now for the final as they have won the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.