Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will turn for Everton with the new stadium as it did for City. Maine Road had become a curse after successive relegations. Nostalgia always leads to a dead end. After leaving Maine Road we started to get external investment on a big scale (before Sheikh Mansour). The same will happen for Everton in the new iconic waterfront location. Investors want to invest in places like that not a museum piece like Goodison. And when it turns it will be like a dam breaking and with Everton's loyal and huge fanbase the club will rise again. Everton fans have a level of respect from other fanbases which the self-entitled LFC mob will never understand.
I'm surprised, I thought everyone hated us. Lots of people wanting us to go down this season.

I'm surprised, I thought everyone hated us. Lots of people wanting us to go down this season.
I dont think many hate everton. I think people get a bit giddy about such a big team potentially going down, but i dont think that feeling stretches to hate.

never minded everton at all personally and in fact during the 80s when we were gash they were the team i wanted to win the league

I don't know anyone who hates Everton, not one person. I daresay if I had any dipper fans within my social circle it would be different, but I don't and hopefully never will.

Now if you want to know of teams that are absolutely hated there's the rags, and then -yep, even more hated than the verminous swamp-dwellers- you have them. I know of not one single person who has a good word to sat about them. Not one.

Funnily enough, being an old git, I remember more trouble inside Maine Road between Everton and City fans than pretty much any club. This includes one day in the Kippax when I saw, at close hand, a City fan and an Everton fan square up to one another and conduct an impromptu boxing match, in a 'ring' created by City fans. That was a game Everton guy, and no third party intervened. Man on man, and a fair fight.

However, I don't hate and never have hated Everton. I have admired some of their teams, notably the 1970 one that won the title and played beautiful football.

It may just be that over recent decades, both City and Everton fans have known what it is for their teams to be truly shit. Consequently, we are more grounded, for want of a better word. It may be that if City's current success continues for another decade, we shall change, and attract more plastic glory-hunters who want to bathe in reflected fame. People who have a noxious attitude and treat fans of 'lesser' clubs with disdain and contempt. I seriously hope not, but who can say? Maybe, just maybe, back in the early 1950s, fans of 2nd Division Liverpool were grounded and sensible too. I certainly doubt many came from Norway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.