Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question Time's on in the background, I'm only giving it half an ear to be honest, this week it comes from livarpool.

Guess what?! 25 minutes in and some arsehole comes up with media bias (I think) followed by ten minutes of why it's right to boo the national anthem (with all the panel nodding sagely) and now they're now chatting shit about City fans "booing the minutes silence for Hillsborough" with all the panel saying how terrible it was that we did that. Suddenly we're the bad guys after they did the booing in BOTH cases!
Now I know how Chelsea fan must feel!

Question Time's on in the background, I'm only giving it half an ear to be honest, this week it comes from livarpool.

Guess what?!

25 minutes in and some arsehole comes up with media bias (I think) followed by ten minutes of why it's right to boo the national anthem (with all the panel nodding sagely) and now they're now chatting shit about City fans "booing the minutes silence for Hillsborough" with all the panel saying how terrible it was that we did that. Suddenly we're the bad guys after they did the booing in BOTH cases!

Fucking hell, the media in this country is so fucked up, Stalin would be proud, tell a lie enough times and it suddenly becomes the truth.
How predictable that the "H" word was justification for booing GSTQ and no mention of the other "H" word by the way.

And the Republic of Dipperland people complaining that they are isolated from "the south" oh the irony

They're really not taking us staying up very well. Our HYS is full of Liverpool fans. Also, this comment from a Liverpool fan is so hypocritical it isn't funny.

Who bricked Man City's team bus again?
The lack of self-awareness from that Liverpool fan is nothing short of astonishing! And it's not just about what happened to our team coach. It's more to do with Liverpool fans for years having done the same as what Everton fans have been doing recently to "whip up the fans".

Even though the title is still in our hands, and they still have to play the Spanish rags, seems they still believe they’re winning all four, caught my mate on the phone organising a “quad” party for next weekend lol, let’s hope it’s a damp squib :-).

While we are discussing Heysel, please remember that the kick off was delayed. Uefa discussed calling the match off but they and the police were so fearful of what the scousers would do if it was, decided to play it that night.
As they removed the dead and injured a football match took place because the authorities feared far worse would happen.
I remember that, and iirc Liverpool players on the PA pleading for peace

It also has to be said that obviously apart from the actual victims at the event, Everton FC paid a huge price.
That Everton side was absolutely fantastic, one of the best ever and had they gone into the European Cup the following year I think they had every chance of winning it. That could have been the catalyst that they needed to become one of the most powerful clubs in England.

Its this lack of respect for everyone else, i.e. victims, local police, other clubs, national reputation etc that I find so unforgivable. They genuinely don't give a shit about anyone else... It could even be argued that Hysel was a major factor in the dehumanisation of football supporters that ultimately led to what happened at Hillsborough 4 years later.

Scouse not English... FFS I wish we could cut around it and float the fucking place across the sea...
What happened at hillsbourgh has helped the club to whitewash the memory of heysel. The original SPORTSWASHERS

What happened at hillsbourgh has helped the club to whitewash the memory of heysel. The original SPORTSWASHERS
Yep. So it's down to us to ensure the bastards are never ever allowed to forget what they did.

Whether they acknowledge it or not is irrelevant: the world knows how what that club's supporters did and the world will not forget it. And we all know they are more than capable of putting in a repeat performance somewhere, because violence is deeply embedded within the club's DNA. Lose a game, glass somebody. Draw a game, call up Stanley. Win a game, maim somebody..."It's what we focking do, La!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.