Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate who’s a Derby County fan told me they also have to put up with Reach plc & the Dipper love in, he told me what to google.

View attachment 43828

Any idea who robbed the jewellers?
The fact the standards of crowd management and policing had to be stress tested to such a tragic extent means attending (Chelsea) supporters must be culpable. What other logical conclusion can be drawn? It’s akin to blaming a death caused by speeding on a faulty seatbelt. If you weren’t speeding in the first place then the faulty seatbelt wouldn’t be an issue (in that instance).

The most unappealing thing for me about this enduring denial around their role in Heysel, which is manifest to anyone who has read around the subject and is capable of objective thought, is that many Liverpool supporters choose to ignore the tragedy because to do so enables them to pontificate to others about how their club, and crucially its supporters, are somehow superior to others’. To admit that they caused the death of 39 people would serve to undermine that.

They have absolutely no right to lecture anyone on their superiority, moral or otherwise. They are a group of supporters like any other. Some good, some bad and with a history that is very far from perfect, and one I’m certainly grateful that I’m not invested in. As if winning all those European Trophies somehow extinguishes what they caused at Heysel. How can it? So they pretend it didn’t happen. Or that is wasn’t their fault, when it demonstrably was and an event that should temper and constrain their collective hubris and give them cause for reflection, rather than be consciously ignored so that hubris can remain front and centre.

Because this means more.

He seems to relish the attention and the drama of it all. As great a player as he is, I'm glad we're not involved in that particular circus.
He refers to himself in the third person in interviews, calls himself “Kylian”. He comes across as a proper ****.

It's the casual way that the BBC just throwaway the remark that Juventus fans just "died" like it was some kind of accident.

I think at the start of every new football season, in the first home game at Anfield, Liverpool should hold a minute’s silence for the Juventus fans who were killed by their supporters at Heysel. I think it should be remembered as much as Hillsborough is by their club.

I think at the start of every new football season, in the first home game at Anfield, Liverpool should hold a minute’s silence for the Juventus fans who were killed by their supporters at Heysel. I think it should be remembered as much as Hillsborough is by their club.
Both were avoidable tragedies but (imo) with very different root causes. One their supporters demonstrably caused, the other they didn’t. The ticketless fans line is as much of a red herring as the crumbling stadium one. Lies propagated by the people that caused each tragedy to deflect blame.

They should own their mistakes, to the same extent as they want others to own theirs.

Both were avoidable tragedies but (imo) with very different root causes. One their supporters demonstrably caused, the other they didn’t. The ticketless fans line is as much of a red herring as the crumbling stadium one. Lies propagated by the people that caused each tragedy to deflect blame.

They should own their mistakes, to the same extent as they want others to own theirs.

Agreed but I also think the reputation their supporters had due to Heysel played a part in how LFC were policed & blamed. That’s not right or an excuse but also a reason how the police were believed.

The fact the standards of crowd management and policing had to be stress tested to such a tragic extent means attending (Chelsea) supporters must be culpable. What other logical conclusion can be drawn? It’s akin to blaming a death caused by speeding on a faulty seatbelt. If you weren’t speeding in the first place then the faulty seatbelt wouldn’t be an issue (in that instance).

The most unappealing thing for me about this enduring denial around their role in Heysel, which is manifest to anyone who has read around the subject and is capable of objective thought, is that many Liverpool supporters choose to ignore the tragedy because to do so enables them to pontificate to others about how their club, and crucially its supporters, are somehow superior to others’. To admit that they caused the death of 39 people would serve to undermine that.

They have absolutely no right to lecture anyone on their superiority, moral or otherwise. They are a group of supporters like any other. Some good, some bad and with a history that is very far from perfect, and one I’m certainly grateful that I’m not invested in. As if winning all those European Trophies somehow extinguishes what they caused at Heysel. How can it? So they pretend it didn’t happen. Or that is wasn’t their fault, when it demonstrably was and an event that should temper and constrain their collective hubris and give them cause for reflection, rather than be consciously ignored so that hubris can remain front and centre.

Because this means more.
Its akin to absolving any blame to the bomber at the Manchester arena and souly blaming the emergency service response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.