Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a lovely day today so we decided to go on a trip and hire some bikes. As we went into Clumber Park today, the Cockney guy on the gate quips "You're not getting in, wearing that shirt!". That shirt being my prized, but ageing 77-81 City retro top.

"So who do you follow, then" I enquired.

"Spurs."

"They broke my 15 year old heart...Ricky...Villa," I mockingly cursed. Seeing that bloody goal still cuts deep 41 years on and I still wish someone would just stop him...somehow.

"Go on then", he smiles, gesturing us in, adding "I didn't want THEM to win the league. Those Scahsers. I was glad you won it," he added. We had a little laugh at Arsenal's expense (be rude not to) and off we went.

Time after time, I bump into people who say the same. People who can think for themselves, who are not taken in by the media love in for the odious Merseyside cult, don't mind City, and they really don't like Liverpool.

It's started. The Cult aren't happy.

Prince Benjamin, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 8 minutes ago

See you later Mane, I absolutely guarantee you that liverpool will be absolutely fine without you. Why dont you express your love to the Senegalese people and join the Senegal premier league, Casa Sports are a cracking side. The majority of players who leave Liverpool Ie couthino, Wijnaldum, Emre Can etc all fall into obscurity. Again, Liverpool will continue to thrive without all the no-marks who thought the grass would be greener. The reality is Mane, just like Salah wants more money and Liverpool wont surrender to the greed as we have a wage structure so any players looking to take us on will always fail, there'll only be one winner

They pay 13 players more than £100k per week. The idea that they cannot, or will not, compete financially is complete goolies.

I remember a film from the fifties "Quo Vadis", the main protagonist was a character named Vinicious who was instrumental in the overthrow of Nero. I can but hope that that the film is prescient and perhaps lead to the overthrow of another evil regime. Which one I will let you decide.
I had not made that connection, but I do have vague memories of the film you allude to without remembering the ins and outs of the plot.

Am I right in thinking that Peter Ustinov was in it(maybe as Nero himself), or am I over remembering him in roman attire in the brilliant Spartacus, one of my fav films ever.

Either way, I take your point re them both (Nero and the dippers) being tyrannical self proclaimed "royalty", maybe history has tenuously repeated itself 2000 years later.

I had not made that connection, but I do have vague memories of the film you allude to without remembering the ins and outs of the plot.

Am I right in thinking that Peter Ustinov was in it(maybe as Nero himself), or am I over remembering him in roman attire in the brilliant Spartacus, one of my fav films ever.

Either way, I take your point re them both (Nero and the dippers) being tyrannical self proclaimed "royalty", maybe history has tenuously repeated itself 2000 years later.
Spot on re Ustinov. I was in the Spartacus movie I played the eponymous role, and so did ten thousand others.

BBC headline news is that UEFA have apologised to the dippers and the usual shower of shite Dagleish etc are all over it banging the not our fault drum. The fuckers are gonna dodge this one as well. At some point surely European clubs will refuse to allocate away tickets for their fixtures. A fucking disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.