Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the reported "offer" from Bayern, is it just me or are others fed up with the Bavarians sense of entitlement and thinking that if they make any offer it should be accepted?
(Yip, this does stem back to them poaching Leroy Sane for about half of his true value)

£23m is a bit of a piss take but with the wages Mane is on and how much is left on his contract, then realistically Liverpool could only really ask for double it at best.

Last edited:
Good player but again a bonkers valuation
Have you seen much of him playing?

There was an article in The Athletic today, and a lot of his numbers are impressive (albeit they're mostly based on his goal scoring stats and so only really based on one good season).

However, his passing completion is apparently in the bottom 1% of all strikers in Europe. That surprised me for Benfica, as I'd assume they pass a lot, and sure enough every other first team regular is in the 80-90% range, while he's at 67%.

Curious as to why that might be, and whether it's a quirk of the way Benfica play.

€100m for a player that's had one good season in Portugal, or €65m for a younger player that's scored a goal a game in the Bundesliga and Champions League for 3 seasons. Tough one.
His stats/age/progress look more comparable to Alvarez - but the Argentinian league is apparently slightly higher level for goalscorers than the Primeira Liga.

It'll be interesting to see how they both do.

Have you seen much of him playing?

There was an article in The Athletic today, and a lot of his numbers are impressive (albeit they're mostly based on his goal scoring stats and so only really based on one good season).

However, his passing completion is apparently in the bottom 1% of all strikers in Europe. That surprised me for Benfica, as I'd assume they pass a lot, and sure enough every other first team regular is in the 80-90% range, while he's at 67%.

Curious as to why that might be, and whether it's a quirk of the way Benfica play.
Not seen much of Nunez but he is looks decent finsher and although his possession starts are not great, but as you have mentioned that is probably down on how Benfica sets up.

The Dippers have no choice but to sell Mane , there Yank owners will not break their wage structure and Salad will also leave at the end of next season , there brain dead fans can't see that their owners are not investing in the club , the only trophy they will win next season will be the Net Spend Shield and their entitled fan base can be proud of their organically financed football club , whilst the Yanks screw them on an annual basis
Dippers what a bunch of Mugs.

Not seen much of Nunez but he is looks decent finsher and although his possession starts are not great, but as you have mentioned that is probably down on how Benfica sets up.
The only way I can imagine it, is if they other 9 players pass the ball around the half way line between themselves, and then they don't bother supporting him at all in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.