Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm disputing is the connection between these two things. Hillsborough was not a consequence of overcrowding. The Leppings Lane end as a whole was not overcrowded - the number of people in the stand at 3pm did not exceed the number of tickets sold. The problem was that because of the failure of the police to manage the crowd properly on the day, fans were directed overwhelmingly into the two central pens while the side pens were significantly under capacity.

I'd also add that UEFA and the French government have changed their story so many times already; I don't know why you'd trust them. First there was '30,000-40,000 fake tickets.' Now it's about 2,000. You really think that 2,000 fake tickets caused those scenes?
I think it is about overcrowding.
Overcrowding outside leading to the gates being opened
Overcrowding as they funnelled through that tunnel into that single pen.

I don't think fans would act any different. They would head for the nearest entrance. Overcrowding and causing the same problem when pitch side.

You can get on the pitch and move to the side?

No you can't. The seats will become the death trap. Personally I think the injuries would be worse. The deaths? You can speculate all you like on that one

I've been in crushes at City. Doesn't take much. Doesn't take many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.