Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good laugh from Liverpool sub in Reddit:

-------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I miss the days of the 2000s and early 2010s where a season could finish and the winners could have 80 points.

This bollocks of getting 90 points and losing is fucking ridiculous. I mean we’re all practically giving up because we’ve lost 2 games. 2 fucking losses puts you out of the running now. Absolute cock.

You know how they say leagues go up and down in quality? E.g 20 or so years ago serie A was probably the top European league, corruption wrecks the gaff, and now they’re coming back up from a low point. Oil money is what’s going to push the prem down that slope.

I’m not saying the league as a whole is doomed but unless there’s a rule or limit of some kind put in place about the ridiculous money of these clubs, we are probably looking at at least 5-10 seasons of the prem being a farmers league, city winning every year with one or two upsets from us and Chelsea.

I’ve always kind of relied on big money billionaire teams not knowing how to actually spend that money, but pep has done away with any hope for that, the mans a bloody genius (unfortunately).

Ultimately, I think city and Chelsea and Newcastle having as much money as they do is a disgrace, and there should certainly be limitations.

Anyway, thank you for reading my long, angry, stupid rant.

---------------------------------------------------
So what about FFP?
And when are the dippers going to build their new stadium?
Also when are the dippers going to be brought to book over attacking our team bus and flagrantly flouting covid restrictions?

Honestly, I miss the days of the 2000s and early 2010s where a season could finish and the winners could have 80 points.

This bollocks of getting 90 points and losing is fucking ridiculous. I mean we’re all practically giving up because we’ve lost 2 games. 2 fucking losses puts you out of the running now. Absolute cock.

You know how they say leagues go up and down in quality? E.g 20 or so years ago serie A was probably the top European league, corruption wrecks the gaff, and now they’re coming back up from a low point. Oil money is what’s going to push the prem down that slope.

I’m not saying the league as a whole is doomed but unless there’s a rule or limit of some kind put in place about the ridiculous money of these clubs, we are probably looking at at least 5-10 seasons of the prem being a farmers league, city winning every year with one or two upsets from us and Chelsea.

I’ve always kind of relied on big money billionaire teams not knowing how to actually spend that money, but pep has done away with any hope for that, the mans a bloody genius (unfortunately).

Ultimately, I think city and Chelsea and Newcastle having as much money as they do is a disgrace, and there should certainly be limitations.

Not a Liverpool fan.
He displays self awareness.

So he misses the days when the rags won the title season after season while they won fuck all ? and I thought they had this epic rivalry turns out they hate City more than anyone else, so much for not caring about us.

Oh and does he realise their only title in 30 years was when they had 99 points and pretty much wrapped it up by Christmas ? but no he misses the good old days when they won nothing, they really are special this lot and not in a good way.

They self-proclaim to be one of the biggest clubs in the world and assume our higher revenue is via some form of "cheating", as they can't believe little old City could be commercially more successful than one of the great "history clubs".

Yet when you compare their commercial income to that of the other globally followed "history club, united, the latter's commercial income dwarfs theirs. Over the 6 years I did the comparison, united earned £1.57bn in commercial revenue whereas Liverpool earned £928m, which is just under 60% of united's revenue.

So maybe they aren't quite as big as they think they are (or their Commercial team is shit).

Last edited:
They self-proclaim to be oe of the biggest clubs in the world and assume our higher revenue is via some form of "cheating", as they can't believe little old City could be commercially more successful than one of the great "history clubs".

Yet when you compare their commercial income to that of the other globally followed "history club, united, the latter's commercial income dwarfs theirs. Over the 6 years I did the comparison, united earned £1.57bn in commercial revenue whereas Liverpool earned £928m, which is just under 60% of united's revenue.

So maybe they aren't quite as big as they think they are (or their Commercial team is shit).
or until we turned up, they didn't actually need to be that good, as they had the top spots sewn up?

They self-proclaim to be oe of the biggest clubs in the world and assume our higher revenue is via some form of "cheating", as they can't believe little old City could be commercially more successful than one of the great "history clubs".

PB.

Will any revenue generated by the Coop Live Arena tie up with OVG show up in the club accounts in the future? Or do you think that revenue will be diverted elsewhere within the City Football Group?

I noted with interest FSG started hosting concerts at Anfield. So Sheikh Mansour thought f*ck this, I’m investing £150mill in the biggest capacity indoor arena in Europe. :-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.