Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Klopp tell everyone they were false positives if they'd cheated to get them?

He didn't need to do that, it's confidential, and as he said the false positives did the full quarantine anyway so he's not benefitted from telling everyone they're false positives.

It's a million times more likely some medical staff at Liverpool fucked up and contaminated the tests then Klopp and co. deliberately faking them, then telling everyone about it to brag.
How long would it take to find out they were false positives? There may still have been time to ensure the game was played and save the money that many fans had shelled out on travel and hotel costs.

To understand whether Liverpool have tried to cheat here, I would only suggest watching again the klopp interview and observe his body language.
Never seen him so uncomfortable, and squirming. Ends up talking compete jibberish.
I've seen 5 year old kids hold better lies when they've been caught red handed in the biscuit jar!

I thought that myself. He looked really uncomfortable, was struggling for the right words, etc. Normally he looks assured and isn’t lost for words. Hmmm.

Why would Klopp tell everyone they were false positives if they'd cheated to get them?

He didn't need to do that, it's confidential, and as he said the false positives did the full quarantine anyway so he's not benefitted from telling everyone they're false positives.

It's a million times more likely some medical staff at Liverpool fucked up and contaminated the tests then Klopp and co. deliberately faking them, then telling everyone about it to brag.
I'm very much in the don't attribute a conspiracy when you can attribute it to incompetence sort of person, but to return multiple false positives because of something like contamination or whatever is a monumental fuck up.

Not looking to conspiracy monger, but isn't a "false positive" covid test really, really rare (but getting a false negative is reasonably commonplace)? It'd be almost impossible to return multiple false positives at the same club, wouldn't it? Or am I missing something?
False positives on lateral flow tests were noted (only last week) to be only 3 in 10,000. Hence the removal of the official requirement to confirm such positive indications with a PCR.

Quick bit of maths, getting multiple false positives means you multiply that 3 in 10,000 figure by each additional false positive to get the overall probability of such an outcome occurring.

Therefore the chances of having even two false positives occur with LFTs would be fewer than one in ten million.

I was told by an NHS staff member that all you have to do is add a little lemon juice to the sample and it will ALWAYS show a +ive result.

No idea if this is true or not as I've just taken her word for it.

She also said that schoolkids figured this out within weeks in order to get time off school.
In the care world if our LFT didn't work (inconclusive) it was regarded as positive until PCR was done. I used to do two LFT just to make sure if one failed so that I could keep working.

False positives on lateral flow tests were noted (only last week) to be only 3 in 10,000. Hence the removal of the official requirement to confirm such positive indications with a PCR.

Quick bit of maths, getting multiple false positives means you multiply that 3 in 10,000 figure by each additional false positive to get the overall probability of such an outcome occurring.

Therefore the chances of having even two false positives occur with LFTs would be fewer than one in ten million.
Contamination of samples will bring that probability down hugely though.

BUT.......I will add that deliberate contamination of samples is a thousand times easier to achieve than accidental contamination. Not that I'm in any way suggesting that's what has happened in this particular case though....honest! But you look at that club and some of the shit they've gotten up to in recent years (illegally hacking our scouting database for one) and the stuff their owners have presided over in the States and would it come as any surprise if they had been up to something dodgy? To that end, I'm even prepared to wager that if something has gone on, it's unlikely to have been Klopp's idea. it will have come straight from the top and that scrawny-necked **** of an owner of theirs

You need a large amount of virus present to trigger a positive test with a lateral flow. That’s why positives are now taken as read to be correct with them (only 3 in 10,000 tests have been shown to return a false positive).

PCR tests are far more sensitive and can detect tiny amounts of virus. That’s why many people can test negative on a LFT but subsequently positively with a PCR. The converse is very unusual.

As such, the idea that inadvertent contamination occurred across multiple, privately conducted LFT tests I find highly unlikely. Even if some buffoon had touched the swabs of each and every player’s swab just prior to him dipping it into the liquid in the test tubes, it is unlikely even then there would be sufficient virus on his fingers tips to trigger a “high bar” positive LFT.

As I pointed out earlier, the chances of multiple players all returning false positives run into one in several trillion.

I see Liverpool are know admitting only one positive test actually proved to be so: i.e. all the others were somehow false positives.
There was either a faulty batch of tests (and surely each player has their own box of LFTs of some which will have been from different batches) or …?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.