Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you insult me as prick - that is not better. And you did it with intention.

I did not see the expression "Oil club" as an insult as it is widely used for your club. So if you see it as an insult it was not intended by me.

But with using the expression I just tried to explain why the conception of Liverpool - so a billionaire sponsored club, too - is different to that of City or Chelsea.

Welcome to Manchester.

Klopp always was a bad loser - that did not start in the EPL.

He is what we call a Menschenfänger in Germany - somebody that gets the people behind him - atleast the ones that are following his team or neutrals. It might be even easier in Germany where you are for or against Bayern - there is not really a neutral. In England he probably has found the equivalent to Dortmund in Liverpool - not really the underdog but somehow still different to the oil clubs or United.

At the end it always is the same - the referees and FA and the VAR... is always against Liverpool...

I'm not getting involved in all the other replies to your post. They have eloquently answered your claims. Suffice to say however that you crossed a line by visiting our Forum and describing City as an (quote) "oil club" (unquote). Hiding behind this as an alleged German conception doesn't make it acceptable here. Sensible guest posters are usually welcomed on this Forum. You don't fall into this category. In plain and polite English, sir or madam, as far as I'm concerned you are not welcome here.

What Standard Chartered do or don't do doesn't really bother me (but that's just me). Is the evasion of US financial instructions necessarily foul play? Perhaps financial institutions that cooperate in sanctioning impoverished nations are 'guilty'?

We all have different moral codes. My moral code is based on what is good for Manchester city, football and when it comes to wider society, humanity in general. Everyone acts in self interest hence Liverpool fans suddenly have discovered a keen interest in human rights despite gaining notoriety across Europe for behaviour that we can all recall.
When that money is being used to fund terrorism ....

I know you didn't intend it as an insult but 'oil club' is a racist trope over here (I'm surprised it isn't in Germany). That's why people don't respond well to it being used.
I always ask: what oil money?
1.We have had nothing from Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund.
2. Personal funds from Mansour are not oil money unless you believe that the grocer who sells the local tart a tin of sardines is living off immoral earnings. Is your local shop funded by wood if you are a carpenter?
Calling it oil money is an example of tracing, and makes no sense.
Besides, I would guess that Mansour's earnings are less than 50% from oil.
Maybe a bit of pedantic sophistry, but it confuses the cunts no end.

I'm sure Iran is indirectly very grateful to FSG and Liverpool FC.
In-fact, it would't surprise me if Liverpool FC had an official Iranian Government Supporters Club.

10 years of FFP compliance would suggest it's not oil money. But try telling that to Bayern, Liverpool, United, Arsenal fans, and City haters in general.
Yes. To my post above we can now add data from PB showing that all the money spent on the team etc comes from our current earnings from football. No related (IAS 24) sponsorships, no oil company sponsorships, and associated sponsorships in the widest definition are 15% of turnover.

Those three shareholders sponsor Bayern for how much each year?

And as for oil clubs, if you would be so polite not to call City an oil club on our own forum, irrespective of what you call us in Germany, it would be appreciated.
Audi: Users of concentration camp slave labour. https://www.timesofisrael.com/german-car-maker-audi-reveals-nazi-past/

Allianz: Early supporters of the Nazi party, plus their head was in Hitler's first cabinet.

And it seems being criminals runs in their blood:

Give me "oil money" any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.