Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest brain-farts Klopp has had this season is complaining that Spurs didn't acquiesce and play the way they HE wanted them to against them.

Just breaking that sentiment down shows how deluded he genuinely is.
Conte has gone up in my estimation for that. Let's hope he's not the only Italian manager who pisses Klopp off this season.

I’ve tried to point this out to a scouser. Pep is the difference, this squad under any other manager would not be as good. Swap Pep for say Allegri, Zidane or Anchelotti and Liverpool would have won the league.

You only need to look how he raised the bar in Spain and Germany. Give Tommy Tuchell this squad, they’d be third. Give Pep his squad, he’d still be aiming for 95 points.
Spot-on. City are a team with plenty of flaws, especially the left side of our defence, but Pep has turned them into a collective machine. The improvement he has achieved with players like Sterling has been amazing. I am not sure this team would have won a single trophy in the last five years under a different manager. When he leaves we will need a big transition.

Does anyone know how we can avoid the play off game? If we win the league by 4 points will that be enough or does it have to be more.
I think only one of our goals last night was from outside the box so that surely counts against us.
But if they gave 2 points for an away draw!!!

Spot-on. City are a team with plenty of flaws, especially the left side of our defence, but Pep has turned them into a collective machine. The improvement he has achieved with players like Sterling has been amazing. I am not sure this team would have won a single trophy in the last five years under a different manager. When he leaves we will need a big transition.
Really? We'e built the squad Pep wants. New manager comes along and we'll buy accordingly.

Liverpool without Klopp would be alongside Wreck it Ralf. As they were with Rodgers and Dalglish. They can't defend and have no midfield and it's only Klopp's updated Ferguson style of fullbacks twatting it into the front 3 that gets them any joy.

Really? We'e built the squad Pep wants. New manager comes along and we'll buy accordingly.

Liverpool without Klopp would be alongside Wreck it Ralf. As they were with Rodgers and Dalglish. They can't defend and have no midfield and it's only Klopp's updated Ferguson style of fullbacks twatting it into the front 3 that gets them any joy.
That's true but it takes time to build a new squad. I don't think our playing style will change much. All our teams from the under 12s, the women's team, to the first team, play possession-based football. I wonder if Soriano and Txi will remain if Pep goes for example. Pep's departure will be a big moment for us. We managed the Mancini/Pellegrini transition well so I am optimistic. Hopefully this won't happen till at least 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.