Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instead of the outright denial of what went on. Forget the rivalry betwenn the clubs and read with an open mind. If possible
but i thought there were thousands of Liverpool fans there. Surely safety in numbers springs to mind. Sounds like a Discovery Channel episode of lions attacking ill and weak gazelles. (not ill/weak lfc fans in adidas trainers)

Instead of the outright denial of what went on. Forget the rivalry betwenn the clubs and read with an open mind. If possible
Well written and really makes you feel as though you are there. Now Mr Beglin could you write an account of the bus ambush on the leafy law abiding streets of Livarpool when Merseyside police were in abundance and it still went ahead. I will hold my breath, one ' two, three.........years!

I see they’re demanding the accusation of forgeries is withdrawn now.

Have they asked Cheshire police for their report of the person they arrested for forging tickets for the champions league final and the Fa cup final? They don’t have to go to Paris to get the truth, more like Windsford.

Bloody hell. If l wasn't confused enough;)
Could the QR be copied and altered or would they all indication that a single seat number was on all the fakes and be rejected straight away?
I wonder if the precise number of fakes was a computer calculations or whether they got confiscated? Either way sending someone half way through the turnstile back out of the queue who had a ticket of some sorts was not easy even with these 'well behaved fans desperate to avoid another Hillsborough'.
The QR code bit is something we don’t know yet, UEFA haven’t said. They’re easy to generate, individual codes, but we don’t know if they were genuine codes or just random ones. Probably genuine because some worked and they shouldn’t be easy to guess.

Change the date to sometime in the 1970's or 80's and the station Lime St. Omit mobile phones and you've got an old school away day to Merseyside

When I read things like "Groups of three or four attackers would jump lone Liverpool fans" and "It was like a post-apocalyptic, lawless hell. Everywhere we looked, people were being mugged and there wasn’t a police officer in sight", I have to ask myself why the Liverpool fans didn't stay together when they left the stadium. If they had done, they would have far outnumbered the gangs, and averted trouble.

Nobody doubts that there was trouble at the ground, before and after the game. Nobody doubts that the majority of Liverpool fans are law-abiding citizens, and did not go looking for trouble. Nobody doubts that UEFA and the French police made mistakes with the organisation of the event.

What most other fans object to though, is the outright denial of any wrongdoing by Liverpool fans, fully backed by the British media. There is stacks of evidence of Liverpool fans buying and selling forged tickets. There is video evidence of fans climbing fences to gain entry (only in the Liverpool section though). There is evidence of Liverpool fans forging press passes and gaining entry. And there is Klopp encouraging fans to go even if they don't have tickets.

With Liverpool's history of trouble at football games, you would think the club would take a more responsible approach. After Hillsborough, you would think the fans would avoid the possibility of overcrowding due to illegal ticketing. But no - a minority of Liverpool fans continue to behave like lawless hooligans.

And how can you ask us to forget the rivalry between the clubs, when Liverpool fans destroyed our team bus before an important game, and their complicit police fail to bring one person to justice for causing criminal damage?

Look I am not an idiot who thinks Liverpool fans never did anything wrong at any time in the past . Nor will I say they will never do anything wrong at any time in the future. Are you telling me that all City fans ar angels? Of course not We all have our dickheads and I wouldn't deny Liverpool have their share of them but the overwhelming evidence is that EUFA and the French police fucked up big time . Why it's so difficult to admit that is beyond me

When I read things like "Groups of three or four attackers would jump lone Liverpool fans" and "It was like a post-apocalyptic, lawless hell. Everywhere we looked, people were being mugged and there wasn’t a police officer in sight", I have to ask myself why the Liverpool fans didn't stay together when they left the stadium. If they had done, they would have far outnumbered the gangs, and averted trouble.

Nobody doubts that there was trouble at the ground, before and after the game. Nobody doubts that the majority of Liverpool fans are law-abiding citizens, and did not go looking for trouble. Nobody doubts that UEFA and the French police made mistakes with the organisation of the event.

What most other fans object to though, is the outright denial of any wrongdoing by Liverpool fans, fully backed by the British media. There is stacks of evidence of Liverpool fans buying and selling forged tickets. There is video evidence of fans climbing fences to gain entry (only in the Liverpool section though). There is evidence of Liverpool fans forging press passes and gaining entry. And there is Klopp encouraging fans to go even if they don't have tickets.

With Liverpool's history of trouble at football games, you would think the club would take a more responsible approach. After Hillsborough, you would think the fans would avoid the possibility of overcrowding due to illegal ticketing. But no - a minority of Liverpool fans continue to behave like lawless hooligans.

And how can you ask us to forget the rivalry between the clubs, when Liverpool fans destroyed our team bus before an important game, and their complicit police fail to bring one person to justice for causing criminal damage?
Well said that man,

I'd posted something in the CL Final thread below about being in Paris last week (wife's special birthday trip) and encountering a Scouse family on the Sunday morning. Short version, the feral L'pool kid nicked food off our plates outside a cafe and ran off laughing, his dad called it only a bit of fun. Then in the ensuing scuffle he dropped his passport on the street. I asked BM what to do with it and after considering the River Seine decided to send it back to L'pool with a note and "only a bit of fun" written on the blank pages. Thought I'd put that story on RAWK today. Told it gently and omitted the part about the kid's spitting & cursing. 20 minutes later the post was deleted and I'm banned. Orwellian stuff. Telling them the truth of one small bit of nastiness witnessed by five of us in all - can't take it, can they?
Was it a fake passport..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.