Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lot must be quaking in your boots.....You ONLY have a 13 point gap!
.....EASY EASY EASY

Once again, a win hides the fact that we were pretty poor once again!

You lot must be quaking in your boots.....You ONLY have a 13 point gap!
.....EASY EASY EASY

Once again, a win hides the fact that we were pretty poor once again!
Who are you again? Oh yea the second place champs!

We have Arsenal & Newcastle to deal with. Liverpool don’t show up on the radar anymore. 1 title in a covid season is shit.

Anyway, must be someone else’s fault -:)

Part of the story and the truth is missing. Or has not been included on purpose by the BBC?

*That all changed when football fans from Liverpool started travelling to Europe to follow their teams.

When they came home, they brought back (robbed and looted ;-) ) trainers and branded clothing that weren't yet on sale in the UK.

A new exhibition at Liverpool's Walker Art Gallery charts the impact those football 'casuals' had on the fashions of today.

View attachment 60218

Scousewashing

Scousewashing
Spot on. I read the article then looked up the author to see if they really knew their Kappa from there Pringle? Not a fucking chance...just the usual posho middle class "journalist" who's too lazy to do any real research and only researches online resources which reinforce the scouse is good narrative.
I remember seeing lads in the Arndale in the late 70's/early 80's with floppy fringes, Pod shoes, Fred Perry polo's and leather box jackets looking cool as fuck. I suppose they were Perry Boys but I don't think they were aware of being labelled as such. They looked good and they were sporting the laurel badge from one of Stockport's sporting legends......I'd rather be wearing a Fred Perry Polo purchased from Hurley Sports on Piccadilly than a fucking stolen limited edition nylon flammable adidas shell suit nicked from a corner shop in Cologne.
Fucking BBC and scousers WTF!

Spot on. I read the article then looked up the author to see if they really knew their Kappa from there Pringle? Not a fucking chance...just the usual posho middle class "journalist" who's too lazy to do any real research and only researches online resources which reinforce the scouse is good narrative.
I remember seeing lads in the Arndale in the late 70's/early 80's with floppy fringes, Pod shoes, Fred Perry polo's and leather box jackets looking cool as fuck. I suppose they were Perry Boys but I don't think they were aware of being labelled as such. They looked good and they were sporting the laurel badge from one of Stockport's sporting legends......I'd rather be wearing a Fred Perry Polo purchased from Hurley Sports on Piccadilly than a fucking stolen limited edition nylon flammable adidas shell suit nicked from a corner shop in Cologne.
Fucking BBC and scousers WTF!

Hurley’s was my favourite shop, memories.

Hurley’s was my favourite shop, memories.
I loved coming to Manchester for clothes, much better shops than Liverpool and more choice. Jean Machine in the Arndale for FUs jeans and some of the smaller shops in Deansgate. The Manchester and Liverpool look was quite similar and weird thing was I bought most of my clothes in Manchester but was always told I dressed like a typical scouser when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.