Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official MLS site doesn't appear to

More & more they’re adopting traditional conventions, for football(us soccer), but a simple Google will show you the US has historically listed away teams first, certainly for American football(the throwing ball version)

And an explanation on the origins; https://www.reddit.com/r/explainli...why_are_american_football_fixtures_listed_as/

Do you know in the USA (which is where I watched it) they list the away team first ?

And this is where we watched the game

7c25183cfce77a8f0837312c32d8b4d6.jpg
My apologies, I forgot the yanks did that.

I wonder what made them adopt that format, don’t think any other country does it?

My apologies, I forgot the yanks did that.

I wonder what made them adopt that format, don’t think any other country does it?

No need to apologize, I wasn’t paying attention to home/away in my original post, and then tried to sneak out of any blame for my error by using the USA at/versus difference

The origin is the away baseball team bats first, so they originated away team AT home team, and used it for most sports. With the growth of (real)football/soccer, they are now mostly showing home team first.

But, back to the thread topic … Bin Dipping Feral Victims !

So...just watching the FIFA uncovered documentary on Netflix.

It's got Davin Conn on there about threat of Sportswashing

Is says Horst Dassler (Adidas) essentially bribed Joao Havelange (allegedly)for Media and Image rights for everything FIFA did.

I guess this would mean a certain club which had their kits made by Adidas, may have assisted, and been way ahead of others in Sportswashing?????

He doesn't look old enough (from behind) to know about Maggie
Oh, they love to hold a grudge in Liverpool.

I was once in a discussion with a Liverpool FC fan and they brought out the old 'yeah well you shouldn't have built the ship canal then!' defence.

They didn't like my response of our mancunian ancestors cutting out the racist sympathiser middle men or loads turning up light whilst markets were flooded with goods which fell off the back of a ship.

Fingers in many pies that lot. Trouble is, they're always somebody else's pies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.