Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just thinking about how the FFP rules brought in by FSG are what's going to stop the club being bought by kind of owner Liverpool fans are desperate for.

I just think the boat has sailed. They may find a buyer, the buyer may invest in the team, but the amount spent/invested must be in relation to how much they can increase the clubs turnover & profit.

When City(and Newcastle) were bought, there was a massive dormant potential for increasing revenue. Both due to the ‘sleeping giant’ concept and the foreseeable increase in revenue from TV rights, CL prize money, etc.

I think all those boats have sailed. Yes, they’ll be incremental increases, but you can’t realize the sort of six fold? increase in turnover that City have achieved in the last 10 years.

Does anyone spend 4bn + 1.5bn? (team, stadium, facilities) knowing they could only hope & pray for a doubling of turnover over the next 10 years, and that’s only possible if they achieve the sort of on field success City have had over the last decade, which will not be possible due to a shortage of elite managers/coaches, and the continued improved competition from City, Arsenal, Newcastle, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.