Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Saudi/Qatari takeover would be too good to be true. I’m afraid life rarely gives you these gifts, but you never know.

The mental gymnastics would be a sight to behold. The desperate scrambling to find an obscure point of differentiation would be beyond hilarious. It already is from some quarters. The state owned distinction being a case in point already, even though as a matter of law and fact, we aren’t.

It’s already started in the press. Think we’ll see the true colours of the paid shills if this becomes reality.

These are a far better investment than united btw. For lots of sound business reasons.
What could they achieve by buying Liverpool? It would be expensive and little hope that they would gain any value, it would be more likely they they would take over a sleeping giant of a club and build it up, that appears to be the model

What could they achieve by buying Liverpool? It would be expensive and little hope that they would gain any value, it would be more likely they they would take over a sleeping giant of a club and build it up, that appears to be the model

You would have to say the only incentive would be sports washing. A hard arsed investor looks for value but if you want a brand that can avoid any criticism then they are perfect.

Recently had to go to a Neurologist,so obviously a smart chap, eventually got talking about football, he supported the dark side from when he was a kid in India ( no I didn't ask him where he was from,he volunteered this)Has been in the U.K.for 15yrs working in Dipperland,and was really surprised and amazed at the cult like hatred the Dippers have for other teams,and complete lack of self awareness of any failings in themselves.He obviously to professional to give a diagnosis on them ,but I got the distinct impression he considered their mentality is suspect.
Glad you found a good one! The ones I've seen are big enough arseholes to be dipper fans.

Whether the Saudi Qatari consortium is state funded or not, people aren't naive to think that these guys got rich selling sunglasses to the tourists. These will have been in cahoots with their respective governments, getting favourable contracts at the expense of the poor natives.
When the names are released this will be hilarious to watch the dippers and their pals in the media wriggle around like a worm on a hook to defend their new owners

About 15 years ago didn’t Liverpool and Everton float the idea of building a new stadium and sharing it? I remember it being on North West Tonight.

Obviously was never going to happen but taking rivalries and emotion out of it, it would make the most sense.

Clubs in Europe do it successfully don’t they.
I thought it was more that Liverpool city council wanted them to share a new stadium, and offered incentives for it to happen, but the two clubs couldn’t agree to it, more so Littlewoods than Everton, IIRC.

That's what I don't understand about this "private investment" theory. The numbers don't really make any sense assuming private investors want a return. If they don't want a return, you have to ask what sort of private investors they are.

One thing nobody can criticise Mansour for, is making money out of his investment. Looks like the Saudis will be doing the same with Newcastle. I think we can all say PSG is more of a PR exercise. Where is the incentive for a private investment in Liverpool or United? I just don't see it.

Someone from the Middle East should buy Everton, then we can let Liverpool and United rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.