Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it’s been posted, but this was on RAWK on their Match thread for Thursdays game. I honestly have never read such a bizarre piece of fantasy.. what a ****!

“Well in that case maybe they should change the law surrounding inciting a riot or how about inciting an insurrection in the States. You know people aren't sheep no one forces people to riot, commit acts of violence or break the law.

The reality is that the people who Stoke the fires and create a tinder box atmosphere know full well that there are idiots on both sides who will take things too far.

For me the likes of Sky, the media and above all the Abu Dhabi PR machine have deliberately set out to create a rivalry that simply never existed. The Abu Dhabis PR machine has been breathtakingly trying to portray City as some kind of victim in this. From the nonsense over the alleged attacks on the City bus, to Guardiolas absurd claims right through to calling Klopp xenophobic.

The bad blood between City and Liverpool fans has been created to deflect from the blood on the hands of the city owners. You go to such lengths to create such animosity and people will get hurt. You can blame the individuals who perpetrate those acts of violence but that misses the bigger picture. The people to blame for me are the people peddling hatred and animosity not the idiots falling for perceived slights.

Idiots are going to be idiots people in positions of power should know better.”

Errrr ok Bellend.

To be fair to him, he is right. He just has it arse over tit. Swap Abu Dhabi/ City for Liverpool and he is good. Still, small steps.

The funniest part though is the Abu Dhabi PR machine. What is this mythical creature of which he speaks?

Not sure if it’s been posted, but this was on RAWK on their Match thread for Thursdays game. I honestly have never read such a bizarre piece of fantasy.. what a ****!

“Well in that case maybe they should change the law surrounding inciting a riot or how about inciting an insurrection in the States. You know people aren't sheep no one forces people to riot, commit acts of violence or break the law.

The reality is that the people who Stoke the fires and create a tinder box atmosphere know full well that there are idiots on both sides who will take things too far.

For me the likes of Sky, the media and above all the Abu Dhabi PR machine have deliberately set out to create a rivalry that simply never existed. The Abu Dhabis PR machine has been breathtakingly trying to portray City as some kind of victim in this. From the nonsense over the alleged attacks on the City bus, to Guardiolas absurd claims right through to calling Klopp xenophobic.

The bad blood between City and Liverpool fans has been created to deflect from the blood on the hands of the city owners. You go to such lengths to create such animosity and people will get hurt. You can blame the individuals who perpetrate those acts of violence but that misses the bigger picture. The people to blame for me are the people peddling hatred and animosity not the idiots falling for perceived slights.

Idiots are going to be idiots people in positions of power should know better.”

Errrr ok Bellend.

“The Abu Dhabi PR machine”.

This the one that says absolutely fuck all when City are being accused of all sorts all the time?

Or is there one I’ve missed?

To be fair to him, he is right. He just has it arse over tit. Swap Abu Dhabi/ City for Liverpool and he is good. Still, small steps.

The funniest part though is the Abu Dhabi PR machine. What is this mythical creature of which he speaks?
Yes, it’s something I’ve never quite ‘got’.
If it was a ‘sportswashing’ exercise (it’s not), then HH would have pulled the plug about 2010 as the City juggernaut was starting to gather pace , as the rising tide of media bile searched for a new neoligism to soundbite their invective and settled on ‘sportswashing’.

City fans didn’t go ‘oh look were having investment, it must be because the nation of Abu Dhabi has told its citizens to spend their private money acquiring assets to sportswash their worldwide image’. No we went ‘Jesus aren’t we bloody lucky and look at this fantastic football, makes a change from the 35 years dominance of teams in red… oh and wow look at the plans for East Manchester- brilliant for such a cash deprived area’.

Red shirt fans didn’t go ‘yep it’s sportswashing’ in 2008, that only came when we beat United to the PL in 2012 & Liverpool in 2014. Suddenly the realisation that the recent past (united) and the middle past (Liverpool) duopoly was going to be broken, and that their team wasn’t going to be top dog, caused them and the sycophantic media to search around for any excuse (other than the obvious factual truth)… and hey presto the meaningless soundbite ‘sportswashing’ became a thing to repeat ad nauseum.

Financial knowledgeable people may have questioned the original takeover (they shouldnt have, the potential for growth/profit was plain to see, unless you wore a istree shirt), but by the time of 2012 and the ever burgeoning commercial and TV money being thrown at the PL, many people should have been searching for the next growth potential club. The fact that it’s taken till 2022 for the next massive potential growth club - Newcastle - to be taken over is a bit odd. ‘Missed the boat’ was a phrase used many times by City fans in the past decade, as the drawbridges of FFP etc were scattered everywhere to inhibit City and discourage others from ‘doing a city’.

As for ‘the man in the street’ who doesn’t fall into any of the other categories mentioned, I dont think they give a single thought to ‘sportswashing’ on any level … because they know it’s bollox.

‘Sportswashing’ - an artificial constructed soundbite to deflect from their own failings

Correct me if I'm wrong. I lived with a Kenyan Indian girl for 7yrs and from my impressions the family/community seemed, understandably, very "aspirational". I've always thought that the need to associate with success was related to the need to succeed in a new/foreign environment.
Dunno to be honest. My dad came to england in the late 60s. We lived in Cheshire and he always hated United with a passion and had a soft spot for City. Never asked him why - but just followed him like a dutiful son.

We've fucked them up good and proper.

Fucking have it, you cunts.

joaquin-phoenix-smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.