Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp disappointed by Salzburg loss

0c85edc0-0e36-11ed-9ed0-a9b0dfa99b70.jpg

Jurgen Klopp says there is plenty his team can learn after slipping to a pre-season friendly defeat against RB Salzburg on Wednesday.

Liverpool begin the 2022-23 season with the Community Shield against Manchester City on Saturday and Klopp was disappointed to lose in Austria, despite starting the game without most of his first choice starting eleven.

"We were too open, we were too wide, we were not connected enough in moments when you lose the ball," he told the club's official website, external.

"It was not only the young players - all the boys can do much better.

"It doesn't feel great but we take it and go from here."

A solitary strike from Benjamin Sesko separated the sides but Harvey Elliott, who played the first hour, felt there were still many positives for the Reds.

"We had so many chances and obviously luck didn't come with us," he said, external.

"At least we got into the positions to finish it off but it's just a shame we couldn't do that today.

"We are all looking forward to the City game and hopefully we can get some silverware to get into the season all guns blazing.

"It will be a great test for us."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool
He wants to win it as it's silverware.
Strange then that it's just a glorified friendly according to everyone else when we win it

I’m not even going to read it (obviously), but…

Attachments

• 55C24FA3-D9FF-4718-8E25-BD2F9C4A6339.png
    55C24FA3-D9FF-4718-8E25-BD2F9C4A6339.png
    628.7 KB · Views: 173
I’m not even going to read it (obviously), but…
If anything, I would have thought it was the other way around.

I know no transfer is a 100% certainty of success, but Erling has already proven himself in one of Europe's top league, whereas Núñez has yet to.

While he is at it he could ask for this quote to be deleted the lying Orc toothed bastard.
"If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney," the German said at the time.

A German talking about things going up chimneys? Not the best analogy really.

Klipperty reverting to type complaining about fixtures before the season has even started. He has always has something to moan about Bingo, let's see what excuses he comes out with on Saturday if the Dippers lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.