Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what’s going to happen with Liverpool then? Are they doing their usual having a season off after a heavy previous one to come back stronger next season? Or is this more of a permanent decline?

Selling Mane rather than Salah has ended up to be a complete disaster for them. Mane was a massive piece in the machinery that kept them pinning teams in with a high press, it looked like they were recruiting well bringing Jota and Diaz in as long term replacements for the front three, however injury has hampered the impact they should be having. Nunez hasn’t exactly set the world alight and it’s too early to judge Gapko.

I watched a bit of them on Sunday and their play looks laboured and lacks what they have done well over the last five years. They’ve stopped doing the punt out wide for their forward players to cut in on. Everything is sideways and backwards with no purpose.

They’ve let their squad get old at the same time and it takes a massive outlay and time to change it around again. They built a good side under Rodgers that went close and then had to spend a few seasons out of contention, are we going to see this again with Klopp, and will he stick around to manage a rebuild the way things are progressing for them?
Klopp has had money available to rejuvenate the midfield but chose to spend it on forwards. Liverpool do not really need skillful midfielders to execute Klopp's gegenpress tactics so the signing of Arthur was bizarre. They could have got two or three decent midfield grafters for what they blew on Nunes.

Not sure whether Klopp thought his youngsters were better than they are of that his older players like Milner and Henderson had another full season in them. I don't think the fall in Fabinho's performance levels was predictable but Klopp has messed up big time on squad planning.

I think there may be doubts within FSG about trusting him with the £££ needed for a rebuild although, in my opinion, he does deserve the opportunity based upon what he has achieved so far which is impressive even when you remove the propaganda about it being done on a shoestring.

I expect that he will receive financial backing to rebuild next Summer but, if that does not bring results, he may walk at the end of next season.

The wildcard factor is what will happen with their ownership although, as Chelsea are showing, having loads of money to spend is not a universal panacea.

Sorry to post this in a Liverpool thread. But is Pep really had enough with Cancelo that he's shipping him out ? If that true I wish Klopp did the same but he'd rather reward them with contracts instead.

I struggle to understand how city spending all the money that they do is ruining football. I get it if they only drop points to us and we knocked them out of the cups. CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.