Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t you tell your son the truth, and tell him what Liverpool fans did at Heysel? That isn’t hard to do when it’s the truth.

You can always rely on BBC Sport to play the Scouse victim card.

What's it like to hear tragedy chanting?​

As well as the Munich air disaster, another common subject of tragedy chanting is the Hillsborough disaster.

Ninety-seven Liverpool supporters died as a result of a crush at Sheffield's Hillsborough ground in April 1989.

Reds fan Ste Hoare is a regular at Anfield and says "there's a real frustration and anger" when he hears those songs from opposition fans.

"It's just pure tribalism," he tells Newsbeat.

"I should be able to take my eight-year-old son to a football game without him having to ask me 'Daddy, why are they calling me a murderer?'

"Literally I've had that exact conversation with my son. That's really difficult to have to do that."

Ste, who's head of operations at Liverpool fan channel The Redmen TV, says fans often chant things like "feed the Scousers".

"The whole country's in a cost of living crisis and you're mocking poor people. It's all just a bit grim."

In October, manager Pep Guardiola apologised after Manchester City fans chanted about stadium tragedies during a game at Liverpool.

I feel I should light a candle for them !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.