Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the Second placed Salbutomolites, The Anfield Asthmatics, Bobby Charlton's Business Partners.

Not a cycling off season for them so expect they'll be up there. But losing Mane and bringing in Nunez is a risk (as is Haaland to be fair, albeit arguably less so). Have a sneaky feeling they may struggle and end up just about fourth.

I think they will be up there challenging, I can only see it between City and Liverpool. Chelsea have some good players but they don’t seem to be able to knit runs together to challenge over a season. Klopp will do what he always does prep them to try and get out in front early doors and make them difficult to shift after that, this World Cup will do weird things with team preparation so makes the league very hard to predict.

I think they will be up there challenging, I can only see it between City and Liverpool. Chelsea have some good players but they don’t seem to be able to knit runs together to challenge over a season. Klopp will do what he always does prep them to try and get out in front early doors and make them difficult to shift after that, this World Cup will do weird things with team preparation so makes the league very hard to predict.
A lot will depend on where Salah's head is entering the last year of his contract, his form dipped in the last third of the season, it was mostly Mane who kept them competitive. Nunez is a good signing but not earth-shattering and he may take time to settle.

A lot will depend on where Salah's head is entering the last year of his contract, his form dipped in the last third of the season, it was mostly Mane who kept them competitive. Nunez is a good signing but not earth-shattering and he may take time to settle.
Could go either way with Salah. His uncertain future could be a distraction, or it could motivate him to show Liverpool they should have met his demands, and to strengthen his hand when it comes to negotiating with other clubs in January.

Regardless, I still expect Liverpool to be our closest challengers again this season. Mane will be a big loss though.

Could go either way with Salah. His uncertain future could be a distraction, or it could motivate him to show Liverpool they should have met his demands, and to strengthen his hand when it comes to negotiating with other clubs in January.

Regardless, I still expect Liverpool to be our closest challengers again this season. Mane will be a big loss though.
I always think that a player running his contract down doesn’t have the best of last seasons, mainly due to not wanting to pick up a nasty injury so therefore never quite give the same usual 100%, just natural even if they don’t mean to, subconsciously they can’t quite give it.

Fa cup, league cup, shared golden boot, most tear gassed fans trophy. Quad squad. They'll be there again as long as van dijk stays fit. If he doesn't then history suggests theyll struggle. They had incredible injury luck last year as well as their own manufatcured Christmas break - will that happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.