Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish to add something..Was living in Leeds but had many Bradford City fans as pals..saw Bradford beat the scousers. Five years later someone drops a fag into an old wooden stadium and 56 people die..how often do you hear of that total tragedy ?? That was nothing to do with fans climbing gates etc. and causing mayhem..RIP the Bantams, we had some good games there.

Martin Samuel in the Daily United has gone all Cult over this. He does praise City fans who observed the minutes silence at the Munich Anniversary match against United at Old Trafford.

But no mention of Liverpool fans’ Steau Bucharest banner last week. Airbrushed out of history.

Maths isn't Chris's strongest suit

Is he saying he has been a life long dipper for 5 years ? He writes well for a 5 year old I thought you had to be 14 to be on Twitter

He’s taking the piss, if you read his tweets below. Seems it’s not just Liverpool followers he’s caught a nibble from.

I just wish to add something..Was living in Leeds but had many Bradford City fans as pals..saw Bradford beat the scousers. Five years later someone drops a fag into an old wooden stadium and 56 people die..how often do you hear of that total tragedy ?? That was nothing to do with fans climbing gates etc. and causing mayhem..RIP the Bantams, we had some good games there.
My family are from Lincoln and I identify them as my ‘home team’. Good little remembrance each year from both Bradford and Lincoln for their supporters lost, a few subtle tributes around their stadiums and a lot of honour and dignity around the deceased from this disaster. Something Liverpool fans cannot lay a claim to.

He’s taking the piss, if you read his tweets below. Seems it’s not just Liverpool followers he’s caught a nibble from.

My family are from Lincoln and I identify them as my ‘home team’. Good little remembrance each year from both Bradford and Lincoln for their supporters lost, a few subtle tributes around their stadiums and a lot of honour and dignity around the deceased from this disaster. Something Liverpool fans cannot lay a claim to.
Thank you..that was a true tragedy..had mates in the ground.The decency and respect you mention is nothing the scousers will ever comprehend. Always, oh woe is me, when they have destroyed normal levels of behaviour and continue to do so.
The rags never stooped to their levels. A grotesque set of supporters.

Thank you..that was a true tragedy..had mates in the ground.The decency and respect you mention is nothing the scousers will ever comprehend. Always, oh woe is me, when they have destroyed normal levels of behaviour and continue to do so.
The rags never stooped to their levels. A grotesque set of supporters.
Aside from the 30th year passing of the Bradford Fire, the national press barely touched on it for decades.

I understand Hillsborough and the quest for the truth from the South Yorkshire Police debacle, but I like to think as a set of supporters, there’s something more dignified and respectful about quiet mourning and personal tributes that aren’t a show put on for the media and footballing world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.