Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I enjoyed Atalanta's spanking of Liverpool I am going to keep my powder dry until they (hopefully) finish the job next week.
I think we all remember them scoring 4 against Barcelona to turn around a first leg 3-0 loss in 2019.
I blame Barcelona's failure to win that tie for the dippers success such as it has been. That and the ludicrous amount that they paid for Coutinho which allowed them to sign VD and Allison.
Yes but the second leg was at home then . It should be a different story this time

It begs the question, why don’t City win at Anfield more often, nevermind scoring 2 goals.
Because, just like every other team in the league, we are Liverpool's cup final and they seem to often be impervious to second yellows (and/or reds) and/or conceding penalties at Anfield (with only a few exceptions from many stonewall penalty shouts).

Yes but the second leg was at home then . It should be a different story this time
Too many on here have written them off and are wondering whether it’s London or Munich for us.

There’s a reason we play the game. Saturday is a good example. On paper, it’s a W for City, but is there a single sentient Blue who’d put their house on it???

I hate the “ragginess” of calling outcomes before they play out, especially when it’s reds losing and us winning. History is a cruel mistress and the fickle finger of fate has away of smacking down cocky twats.

I’d take a 0-2 in Atalanta and a 1-0 in Manchester next week, but I’ll be praying for it, not gloating over it, before it happens. Until it’s done and dusted, my stomach will be in knots, because you realize how very, very special last year’s 4-0 was, and yet some people think it will always be thus!?! Don’t forget we are still only 1 goal from disaster after a brilliant performance in Madrid!

Last edited:
Too many on here have written them off and are wondering whether it’s London or Munich for us.

There’s a reason we play the game. Saturday is a good example. On paper, it’s a W for City, but is there a single sentient Blue who’d put their house on it???

I hate the “ragginess” of calling outcomes before they play out, especially when it’s reds losing and us winning. History is a cruel mistress and the fickle finger of fate has away of smacking down cocky twats.

I’d take a 0-2 in Atalanta and a 1-0 in Manchester next week, but I’ll be praying for it, not gloating over it, before it happens. Until it’s done and dusted, my stomach will be in knots, because u realize how very, very special last year’s 4-0 was, and yet some people think it will always be thus!?! Don’t forget we are still only 1 goal from disaster after a brilliant performance in Madrid!

Yeah but life is too short not to take the piss out of these cunts when you get chance

If it comes back to bite you on the arse, then so what, its only football.

I’d take a 0-2 in Atalanta and a 1-0 in Manchester next week, but I’ll be praying for it, not gloating over it, before it happens. Until it’s done and dusted, my stomach will be in knots, because u realize how very, very special last year’s 4-0 was, and yet some people think it will always be thus!?! Don’t forget we are still only 1 goal from disaster after a brilliant performance in Madrid!

Just wait. If City get beat by Real Madrid next week every plastic Scouser in the world will be taking the piss out of City on social media. Strike whilst the iron is hot and fuck the Scouse consequences.

I am totally with you on this. Much as I enjoyed last night's result for Atalanta, we have our own 'cup final ' next Wednesday, where RM will be all out to avoid a repeat humiliation, so it's not over. And we know the Dips, on their day ( or even under European Lights) are capable of scoring a few goals. So I too, am keeping my powder dry, infact am dreading next week, with RM and City absolutely anything is possible!!

Just wait. If City get beat by Real Madrid next week every plastic Scouser in the world will be taking the piss out of City on social media. Strike whilst the iron is hot and fuck the Scouse consequences.
I guess I’d just rather wait to be able to have a go, as opposed to taking the puss at half time.

To each their own, but some of us have lived this rollercoaster since before 2008, when the words Typical City were earned the hard way.

Plus, I’d rather not be a fucking rag about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.