Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be odd if there was any proof that they had lots of asthmatic players.

The original source is an anonymous "somebody told me" from a sports journalist based in Russia. Now, being in Russia might mean he knows a lot about drug use in sport, but he's had numerous roles that are fairly "establishment" linked in the country, so not exactly the independent crusader working from within.

I believe the argument has been made that Russia would be quite happy for other sporting teams to be seen as cheats - with a "they're all the same" narrative helping to muddy the waters around their own proven cheating.
On this occasion I think the Russian source is sound, in fact, far more sound than the none existent evidence against City for cheating …!

Well yeah, but those numbers are based on an accusation of a single blogger, to be fair. If they genuinely had those numbers, then yeah, it would be extremely questionable. But let's be honest, if the regulations are so lax that one team can get away with it, I'd struggle to believe that all of the teams aren't doing something similar.

When I watch Liverpool, I see a team that typically gives intense pressure for short periods, rather than 90 minutes of pressing. I predicted exactly the pattern of play in their CL final loss against Real Madrid, for example. They'll come out like men possessed, rely on 30 minutes of intense pressing to try and force a mistake, and Real Madrid won't fall for it, and will just play defensively until they're out of puff. And that's exactly what happened, and Madrid gradually took control of the game until in the second half, it was never really a question of who was going to win.
Rodger’s did the same. Thirty mins and rely on being 3 up. Two up was pulled back a few times that season.
Klopp came and did the same. After success beating a top of the league club would be dropped points in the next game.
Klopp has changed it gradually over the years. Pressing in shorter bursts at different times of the game.
This season the pressing came in the second half against us. And for a sustained period.
Same outcome though. Lacklustre the week after.

It's started.

They didn't want to do the quadruple.
They didn't want to do the fake treble.
They didn't want to do the proper double.
They didn't want to win a European trophy.
They just want to win the PL title.

DA3D1AC7-DF2A-4330-B753-458687542A20.jpeg

Too many on here have written them off and are wondering whether it’s London or Munich for us.

There’s a reason we play the game. Saturday is a good example. On paper, it’s a W for City, but is there a single sentient Blue who’d put their house on it???

I hate the “ragginess” of calling outcomes before they play out, especially when it’s reds losing and us winning. History is a cruel mistress and the fickle finger of fate has away of smacking down cocky twats.

I’d take a 0-2 in Atalanta and a 1-0 in Manchester next week, but I’ll be praying for it, not gloating over it, before it happens. Until it’s done and dusted, my stomach will be in knots, because u realize how very, very special last year’s 4-0 was, and yet some people think it will always be thus!?! Don’t forget we are still only 1 goal from disaster after a brilliant performance in Madrid!
I haven’t written them off just pointing out that it’s a lot harder to overcome a three goal deficit away from home

Well as the last dipper standing on this forum I thought I better come out of hiding in "Off Topic"

Got exactly what we deserved tonight! Fuck all!
Have to say hats off to Atalanta and their coach for the way they approached th game and carried it out for the whole game. I think Klopp and the team were taken by surprise and never got their head around it and how to cope. Not aided by many having an off night.
Always try and take a positive from any negative and so lets hope that is a wake up call to them all to not believe the hype and sharpen up. So many took it far to easy.
As someone else said. Gomez not on it tonight which made me wonder what on earth Pep was up to when we played you in not telling Foden to just run at Gomez every opportunity he got.
Play anything like that in our remainign league games and we will be lucky to finish 3rd!
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Liverpool turn them over in the return game, they have form there and are a miles better team than Atalanta really despite the result. Not to take anything away from Atalanta who were brilliant. I'm just glad they will have to put out a strong squad with possible extra time and pens!

It's started.

They didn't want to do the quadruple.
They didn't want to do the fake treble.
They didn't want to do the proper double.
They didn't want to win a European trophy.
They just want to win the PL title.

View attachment 113893
On a separate note, I haven't read the article, but the fact that Souness has even implied Odegaard should be in the running for player of the season is ludicrous.

Kev, who has played a third of the games Odegaard has, wipes the floor with him on a per 90 comparison, and he's not even in contention this season.

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.