Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

That reminds me of watching it unfold on TV…bad… very bad…

It mentions the Juve ultras… that’s what I do remember seeing on TV…
There was a massive long banner with iirc ‘Liverpool animals’.
I’m sure there was a juve supporter waving a pistol in front of his fellow supporters, anyone else recall that?

I can’t remember hearing on the TV about the deaths , but I may have blocked that from my 16 year old mind… but I do remember the TV showing a Liverpool player pleading for calm over the intercom?

It was a surreal experience at the time, football had become entirely secondary… but the match was still going ahead… and I still watched it, late into the night.

It was at that aftermath point that my previous naïevity about supporting any GB team in Europe evaporated… with Liverpool being the 1st (united were always the exception to the rule)… followed in later years by the rest.

They may not have been the only group of English football fans rampaging through Europe in those decades, but they are the only ones to have continued in every excursion, through the following decades afterwards. It’s a badge of honour to them… (rampaging) but a stench of horror for everyone else.
Yep. Didn't it turn out to be a starters pistol? Anyhow, it was a horrendous thing to watch unfold.

News has been mainly Everton £30 million interest payments. Sheff Utd docked 2 points next season. And ex reds coming out and saying it is the league that really matters. I am sure there will have been a mention of the number 115 as well.

I guess they must have lost last night?
Lost???
They were mothered.
Klopp knew it and the watching audience knew it.
So from now on let's get aggressive, says the Ozzy Osborne/Sid Vicious of footbaĺl managers

I am totally with you on this. Much as I enjoyed last night's result for Atalanta, we have our own 'cup final ' next Wednesday, where RM will be all out to avoid a repeat humiliation, so it's not over. And we know the Dips, on their day ( or even under European Lights) are capable of scoring a few goals. So I too, am keeping my powder dry, infact am dreading next week, with RM and City absolutely anything is possible!!
With City anything is also possible, as we've seen, as you said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.