Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Not livarpool fans, you say? :O

Belgian skinheads? Chelsea fans? Parisian youths? The SAS?
Please do tell me, who are those who are abusing Nunez, as it surely can't be livarpool fans' fault, can it? ;)
No, I mean they cannot call themselves football fans. Of any club.

They're just fucking c**ts. Vile, scumbag twats, mate. My husband and a lot of his friends are all Liverpool fans, scousers and really decent people and all of them hope the people abusing Nunez get banned and arrested cos they are not football fans of any description.

Well, this is the reputation that club has cultivated (see what I did there...cult?) over the years. Reap what you sow, etc.
The fans have achieved a level of notoriety across the globe that is usually found in the history books when describing Genghis Khan. And it's a reputation fully deserved.
These are the fans who cheered when Alan Smith broke his leg, made T shirts supporting that cheating, diving, racist Luis Suarez - the man who tried to cure his anorexia by consuming opposition players. The same fans who smashed our coach to pieces in full view of the Merseyside police.

I could go on and mention a few more examples of the sort of vicious, savage, murderous atrocities many dipper fans have carried out, but I would still be here when the Grim Reaper hits pensionable age.
It's sad. That bunches of hooligans would ruin it for the genuinely nice fans of the club. And believe me, I have accompanied my hubby to their UCL games in the past and had some nice dinners at Anfield and there are some genuinely lovely fans. These people who wreck coaches, throw things, laugh at broken legs, etc? No words. They're just scum. They probably couldn't even name five of the players.

They are clearly Liverpool fans as much as some more sane dippers may want to disown them. If they go to games the club will take no action as has been the case for many previous examples of appalling behaviour.

The only way for the dippers to change is for the more sensible element of the fanbase to challenge the loons but that will never happen. Cults are like that!
Maybe don't want to get involved for fear of getting beaten up or knifed? I dunno. People can be nutjobs, can't they? Before we moved to Manchester 15 years ago we lived in Liverpool and my hubby got to go to a lot more of their home games than he does now. But he told me he never really saw anything like that while he was there except for the odd weirdo outside the ground. Majority of Liverpool fans I know personally find that kind of behaviour deplorable and want something to be done about it.

I’ve news for him, they are Liverpool fans so own it.
Oh yeah, no doubt they are Liverpool fans. As in they watch the games, they wear the shirt, and they cheer the goals.

Really, though, just fucking thugs. Same as those United fans who chant sick jokes about Hillsborough and that "fan" who put "96 Not Enough" on a shirt. I wouldn't call him a Manchester United fan.

"Fans" who enjoy causing trouble and violence aren't football fans to me. Not just Liverpool. Any club.

Many Liverpool fans had no problem sending abuse, and even death threats to Pickford (and his child) when he murdered Van Dijk. Don't recall anyone saying they should be banned.
WTF??

Jesus. You know what, I feel sad that just because some individuals behave like this, the whole fanbase gets a bad rep.

If our fans were doing stuff like that (and come on, we can't be naive enough to think our fans don't do their fair share of nasty shit) would we want other fans saying we're all violent bastards? No, we wouldn't.

To be fair, you have just described Dippers. :-)
I'm sorry, what ARE Dippers? I keep hearing that but I don't know what it is. I asked my husband and he said something about it's an old 80s derogatory term for Liverpool fans but when I googled it it just said something about dipping in bins? What's that got to do with football?

Oh yeah, no doubt they are Liverpool fans. As in they watch the games, they wear the shirt, and they cheer the goals.

Really, though, just fucking thugs. Same as those United fans who chant sick jokes about Hillsborough and that "fan" who put "96 Not Enough" on a shirt. I wouldn't call him a Manchester United fan.

"Fans" who enjoy causing trouble and violence aren't football fans to me. Not just Liverpool. Any club.

That’s an easy get out. They buy the shirts & go the games & as soon as they do anything wrong you say they aren’t real fans. Others would say they are part of the fabric & maybe just maybe there’s something wrong with the culture of that club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.