Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve news for him, they are Liverpool fans so own it.
Oh yeah, no doubt they are Liverpool fans. As in they watch the games, they wear the shirt, and they cheer the goals.

Really, though, just fucking thugs. Same as those United fans who chant sick jokes about Hillsborough and that "fan" who put "96 Not Enough" on a shirt. I wouldn't call him a Manchester United fan.

"Fans" who enjoy causing trouble and violence aren't football fans to me. Not just Liverpool. Any club.

Many Liverpool fans had no problem sending abuse, and even death threats to Pickford (and his child) when he murdered Van Dijk. Don't recall anyone saying they should be banned.
WTF??

Jesus. You know what, I feel sad that just because some individuals behave like this, the whole fanbase gets a bad rep.

If our fans were doing stuff like that (and come on, we can't be naive enough to think our fans don't do their fair share of nasty shit) would we want other fans saying we're all violent bastards? No, we wouldn't.

To be fair, you have just described Dippers. :-)
I'm sorry, what ARE Dippers? I keep hearing that but I don't know what it is. I asked my husband and he said something about it's an old 80s derogatory term for Liverpool fans but when I googled it it just said something about dipping in bins? What's that got to do with football?

Oh yeah, no doubt they are Liverpool fans. As in they watch the games, they wear the shirt, and they cheer the goals.

Really, though, just fucking thugs. Same as those United fans who chant sick jokes about Hillsborough and that "fan" who put "96 Not Enough" on a shirt. I wouldn't call him a Manchester United fan.

"Fans" who enjoy causing trouble and violence aren't football fans to me. Not just Liverpool. Any club.

That’s an easy get out. They buy the shirts & go the games & as soon as they do anything wrong you say they aren’t real fans. Others would say they are part of the fabric & maybe just maybe there’s something wrong with the culture of that club.

I never thought of football as being "A brand" back in the 70's it was just football. Since the money men and villains took over in 1992 and created their own brand leaders the focus has just been on their chosen few.

Football isn't what we used to call football now, it's politics, lies and envy all wrapped up with a bow held by whoever is pushing the money tokens about on the board.
Only difference is that it was run by incompetents back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.