Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that they should allow the Slot news to be announced now. Always rather liked Klopp but I’m not convinced that Slot is the right replacement.

Same here, Klopp actually ok. Obviously a good manager but NEEDED the crowd to get results. His methods seems to be to buy random players until things click, then flog them to death.

Would he have achieved at City as much as Pep has - No way. He would have won us a title or two but the dressing room would be full of prima-donna's and cliques after a year of success. We certainly wouldnt be seeing the beautiful football we have witnessed.

Odd that they should allow the Slot news to be announced now. Always rather liked Klopp but I’m not convinced that Slot is the right replacement.

what if Slott turns out to be a machine and does 9 years and wins 6 trophies ..... pissing on Bingo's meagre haul over the same time period? Will make Pep's 16 in 8 years at City trivial.

Just seen an interview with Robertson saying that Klopp probably deserved to have won some more trophies.

If you didn't win, you don't deserve it? What on earth is this mentality over at Liverpool? So odd.
Probably why they went so long without winning

what if Slott turns out to be a machine and does 9 years and wins 6 trophies ..... pissing on Bingo's meagre haul over the same time period? Will make Pep's 16 in 8 years at City trivial.
I’ll be genuinely surprised if Slot is there after his second season. Klopp was an established manager at Champions League level and had created wonderful teams, while Slot‘s achievements have largely been domestic (sorry Conference) and at a time when the Eredivisie is not at it’s strongest. A Slot in the dark methinks.

See Sky, as one of their 3 chosen games for the weekend, have L'pool v Wolves - why? It means nothing, yet Newcastle and Manu games have a meaning to them around euro qualification yet neither will be televised...

Klopps doing a mini-ferguson here without much mention of it. He's leaving them on the verge of a drastic decline imo, his recent big money signings have been poor and aren't upto standard, the players he's leant on for years are wrong side of 30 and will need replacing soon and others look spent after years of being flogged. I suspect the real reason he decided to leave is because he knows that team is done and needs a rebuild they won't get.

New manager might have a little bit of a bounce to begin with but I expect they'll drop way off quite quickly and then the narrative about klopp being better than he is because look at them without him starts As it did with Ferguson instead of recognising the impending mess he's leaving them in.

It will be glorious to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.