Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

You’re a know nowt ****.

I'm just telling it how I see it.

City are clearly a better team than Liverpool, we've proved that... But we are a VERY systematic team.

Each player sticks to their zones, they don't over commit when they need to.

Liverpool are tactically a lot more loose than us so in instances like this they will probably take more risks.

Pep is all about sticking to the system and keeping our shape. Players can't venture outside of their zones on the football field. Stick to your allocated boxes.

This is the reason City are more successful and other teams aren't, because we have the best coach in world football...

But when it comes to being a man down and a goal down, risks need to be taken..

Liverpool are more prone to taking a risk than we are.

Reactions: PPT
People can slate me all they want...

But we don't overturn this game... Being 1-0 down, with 10 men for most of the game like Liverpool did.

The way we play is very systematic. Our players have to stick to playing in certain zones of the pitch.

Liverpool are a bit more off the cuff than we are... They take more risks.

It's an absolutely fabulous result for Liverpool. Huge character has been shown tonight for them. Still our biggest threat.
I’ve just watched some - admittedly brief - highlights of the game and my main takeaways were that Newcastle had opportunities to go 2-0 up and didn’t take them, and Liverpool stuck in there as a result and picked them off with two great finishes. Fair play to them as 1) That’s not an easy place to go to, and 2) To come out on top after being down to 10 men for the majority of the game is impressive, but don’t try and tell me that our current team under our current manager are incapable of the same

Last edited:
I’ve just watched some - admittedly brief - highlights of the game and my main takeaways were that Newcastle had opportunities to go 2-0 up and didn’t take them, and Liverpool stuck in there as a result and liked them off with two great finishes. Fair play to them as 1) That’s not an easy place to go to, and 2) To come out on top after being down to 10 men for the majority of the game is impressive, but don’t try and tell me that our current team under our current manager are incapable of the same

I honestly can't remember a game under Pep where we have been 1-0 down, with 10 men and overturned it to win.

Pep is ALL about control. We usually get a goal ahead and just grind teams down and win by 3 or 4 goals. It's how we do things.

People can slate me all they want...

But we don't overturn this game... Being 1-0 down, with 10 men for most of the game like Liverpool did.

The way we play is very systematic. Our players have to stick to playing in certain zones of the pitch.

Liverpool are a bit more off the cuff than we are... They take more risks.

It's an absolutely fabulous result for Liverpool. Huge character has been shown tonight for them. Still our biggest threat.
Make your fucking mind up :)

Playing against 10 men for almost the entire game and being 1-0 up and somehow manage to bottle it and lose...

Yeah... They definitely ain't ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.