Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the cultists forgotten or ignored that Liverpool equalised anyway. If the first goal is allowed the whole pattern of the game changes and the Gakpo goal doesn’t happen or spurs score again against 10 men in the remainder of the first half
Sliding doors

Not forgetting the police covered up their role in it, and it took the best part of thirty years for some of the facts to come out.

It was a genuinely horrific event, the response in some of the press was shameful, and the cover up was one of the biggest police/establishment scandals of my lifetime.

Better that all fans remember that when getting het up about offside decisions.
Not many gives two fucks about the Bradford fire or Hysel, there’s loads of football fans who weren’t born or were too young to remember Hillsborough. To them what happened that day is history, just like the two world wars. Are we supposed to not get incensed because of something that happened 34 years ago? Life moves on, what’s happening today is far more relevant than history to a lot of people.

Not many gives two fucks about the Bradford fire or Hysel, there’s loads of football fans who weren’t born or were too young to remember Hillsborough. To them what happened that day is history, just like the two world wars. Are we supposed to not get incensed because of something that happened 34 years ago? Life moves on, what’s happening today is far more relevant than history to a lot of people.
That's not the point I was making. I was agreeing with the previous poster, that there are valid reasons why Hillsborough is higher profile than other football disasters.

I've argued before, and recently on this page, that linking it to the current whining about an offside is offensive in my view - and that's on all sides. I find it offensive that Liverpool fans use it as a shield in cases that are as inconsequential as an offside, and I find it offensive if other fans are dismissive of that horrific event, and the decades long cover up by the police, because it makes it easier to mock Liverpool fans.

So, go fill your boots with mocking Klopp's hypocritical replay plans, and any of their fans who genuinely do believe that "this means more" when it happens in Liverpool.

You should NEVER forget these tragedies!

Listening to Talkshite at teatime on Wednesday night they were discussing the decision at White Hart Lane when Goldstein states that City never went on like this when TAA handballed the ball at the kop and then they go up the other end and score. No other club cry like them.

The Hillsborough disaster itself might be consigned to history now but it's still incredibly relevant because of the state cover-up that lasted another 25 years.

With the Bradford fire, the club, the council, and the police were all found to be guilty of negligence and £20million in compensation was paid out to the victims and their families. After Heysel, the fans responsible were sent to prison and three officials stood trial for their roles in what happened. The cases were shut in the 80s and they were dealt with at the time.

But Hillsborough has constantly been in the public consciousness because nobody has ever been brought to justice. The cases were opened in the 80s and were still open in the 2010s when the families finally got the verdict that the fans were blameless. It took until 2017 for anybody to be charged with any offence whatsoever, so no wonder we still talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.