Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another historic European night under the Anfield floodlights.

Peter Sutcliffe hammers home the 5th goal in a dominant display against a team of cheese eating surrender monkeys.

When the likes of Arsenal, the rags and Newcastle fall by the wayside in the Champions League, the media will start putting the line out that Liverpool winning the Thursday night cup is more important than the 1st tier European competition if City are still in it. Bookmark this post.

Your first sentence is absolute bollocks,
I agree. I'm in my late 60's and I have never known the dippers to be 'generally well liked.' Pretty much every other supporter I have ever met in all of those long years of life despise the club and their neolithic fan base.

In my experience the rags as a club are hated, thoroughly hated by most sections of footballing fans. And this goes way back before that repulsive, sour-faced despot from Glasgow turned up and Sly Sports bought him all the trophies they could lay their hands on. The way the club capitalised on the Munich anniversary pissed off most -if not all- football supporters across the globe.
There are way too many examples of their cheating, their unscrupulous business dealings and their bullying of football officials to mention right now, but all of these things combined can tell you why the rags are so universally hated by other supporters.

With the dippers, it is not only the club but also the supporters and their utterly indefensible behaviour over the years that have earned them the reputation as being the worst football club in existence.
I remember as a boy overhearing some adults talking about Ron Yates and Tommy Smith, how the pair should be banned from football for life, etc. I've never known precisely what it was that the players are supposed to have done to warrant being banned, but it must have been something quite unpleasant.

The only way anybody would say that the dippers were in any way 'generally well liked' would be if they had some kind of affiliation with the club: a fan, former fan, born and brought up in the area or whatever, but believe me in my neck of the woods those two clubs are absolutely despised by everyone.

I agree. I'm in my late 60's and I have never known the dippers to be 'generally well liked.' Pretty much every other supporter I have ever met in all of those long years of life despise the club and their neolithic fan base.

In my experience the rags as a club are hated, thoroughly hated by most sections of footballing fans. And this goes way back before that repulsive, sour-faced despot from Glasgow turned up and Sly Sports bought him all the trophies they could lay their hands on. The way the club capitalised on the Munich anniversary pissed off most -if not all- football supporters across the globe.
There are way too many examples of their cheating, their unscrupulous business dealings and their bullying of football officials to mention right now, but all of these things combined can tell you why the rags are so universally hated by other supporters.

With the dippers, it is not only the club but also the supporters and their utterly indefensible behaviour over the years that have earned them the reputation as being the worst football club in existence.
I remember as a boy overhearing some adults talking about Ron Yates and Tommy Smith, how the pair should be banned from football for life, etc. I've never known precisely what it was that the players are supposed to have done to warrant being banned, but it must have been something quite unpleasant.

The only way anybody would say that the dippers were in any way 'generally well liked' would be if they had some kind of affiliation with the club: a fan, former fan, born and brought up in the area or whatever, but believe me in my neck of the woods those two clubs are absolutely despised by everyone.
Very well said

1698394312222.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.