Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very fair, actually I find the same with united supporters. Many seem to conveniently have started following after a period of success...odd.

My sad excuse is due to my very lovely (but liverpool supporting) uncle, who informed me that I could support arsenal like the rest of his london family, or join the outcasts of supporting liverpool. I now know why they were outcasts.

No glory for me in my early days. I'm 26 and my entire school life was misery as far as football was concerned! highlight 100% being beaten 6-1 by stoke in Gerrards final game haha. Dreadful. Fond memories for you all though I would assume!! (other 'highlights' - years of midtable dross results, gerrards slip, losing the FA cup final....all very formative experiences in my secondary school life)

but yeah, probably fall into the typical 'pool bracket in every other regard. I'll bring my kids up a better way :)
So you don’t consider yourself a glory hunter but in your lifetime your club has won:

1 x Premier League
4 x EFL Cups
3 x FA Cups
2 x Champions League
Plus Charity Shield’s, Club World Championships and European Super Cups.

One of my younger City supporting mate’s was born in 1977 and saw us win fuck all until he was 34, you’re respectively a Glory Hunter, you could have chosen any team in London but you went for the glory and I’m sorry you picked a City which is full of horrible fuckers and the only place I’ve will never set foot in again as like I’ve said before it’s the only place I’ve ever been assaulted and that was as a 15 year old.

Gomez should have been booked inside the first 10 minutes for hacking Gordon down, bet they aren't moaning about that.
Exactly. It didn’t even get a mention on the commentary. It was a yellow card all day long.

Appreciate that mate. I think football has been a way of keeping my mind busy at times, even if its busy on the wrong team :)

I do joke with my mates that if I started from scratch, supporting any team...it wouldn't be my current one lol! but there we go, I'm diseased now so there's no going back lol
Thoughts with you mate - Hope your coping as well as possible

Reactions: b2w
So you don’t consider yourself a glory hunter but in your lifetime your club has won:

1 x Premier League
4 x EFL Cups
3 x FA Cups
2 x Champions League
Plus Charity Shield’s, Club World Championships and European Super Cups.

One of my younger City supporting mate’s was born in 1977 and saw us win fuck all until he was 34, you’re respectively a Glory Hunter, you could have chosen any team in London but you went for the glory and I’m sorry you picked a City which is full of horrible fuckers and the only place I’ve will never set foot in again as like I’ve said before it’s the only place I’ve ever been assaulted and that was as a 15 year old.
absolutely right, but none of them came until 2019? and before klopp - having rafa, Roy H, kenny and Brodge hardly felt like a glory hunter at the time, if you get my drift! :) But yes, compared to other clubs I am a glory hunter. Sadly when I was very young, being in a completely non-football close family Liverpool was merely a name, I didn't have a clue about any others. My gran was born in white hart lane so perhaps I missed a chance there... (only found out 3 years ago!)

If it helps, I am a verdent support of Cambridge FC :) my local club, about 3 miles from where I live!

One of my close friends had the same. Very sorry to hear that happened to you at such a young age, that's a downright awful experience and I would feel excatly the same way. Stuff that happens at that age sticks with you forever.

Appreciate that mate. I think football has been a way of keeping my mind busy at times, even if its busy on the wrong team :)

I do joke with my mates that if I started from scratch, supporting any team...it wouldn't be my current one lol! but there we go, I'm diseased now so there's no going back lol.
I think it's just the hypocrisy that probably grates people more re Liverpool. I mean Klopp is genuinely a very intelligent manager, has produced two very good sides, Salah probably one of the most exciting and talented forwards in prem history.. (Henry and Drogba better in my opinion). But, and here is the but ..nothing matches up with them. The meeeeja go on about knowledgeable scouse crowd when less than 10% are scouse so that's horse shit. The hacking case (proved guilty), where they had a period of great recruitment - never mentioned that a % of good buys on the back of our excellent scouting work. The fact that they try and ignore their success was built on Moore's gambling money, Shanks demanded big trf pot for a second division club, he got it and bought well - Ian St John British record fee - for a Div 2 side come on!!!. Fair enough buying well (well they had the funds) but to pretend their success was organic is crazy, Meeja never bring this up of course. They also would have failed FFP by miles in today's system. Oh wait a minute, they also have failed FFP as well but training ground development apparently saved them FFS! Again this is never mentioned by their fans or meeja...most fans of other clubs know all this that's why most fans find LFC fans more difficult to have a pint with post-game or chat with in the pub during the week. They pretend it's jealousy when most know it's a characer flaw for many when they choose Liverpool as their team. They are quite unique in not acknowledging their 'istry (we had about as many trophies as them before the gambling money - hardly ever mentioned when they talk about 'istry). I accept City's punishment if proved guilty, that's fair enough but for them to pretend they are different - just grates when it's obvious they aren't.

Exactly. It didn’t even get a mention on the commentary. It was a yellow card all day long.
Just had a peep under the carpet. It's there..........along with a few dives by Jota and Salah, a bit of jibbing in, hacking computers, mistakes by Alisson, fouls by van Dijk, handballs by Trent and loads more. It's unbelievable what's hidden .

Reactions: PPT
absolutely right, but none of them came until 2019? and before klopp - having rafa, Roy H, kenny and Brodge hardly felt like a glory hunter at the time, if you get my drift! :) But yes, compared to other clubs I am a glory hunter. Sadly when I was very young, being in a completely non-football close family Liverpool was merely a name, I didn't have a clue about any others. My gran was born in white hart lane so perhaps I missed a chance there... (only found out 3 years ago!)

If it helps, I am a verdent support of Cambridge FC :) my local club, about 3 miles from where I live!

One of my close friends had the same. Very sorry to hear that happened to you at such a young age, that's a downright awful experience and I would feel excatly the same way. Stuff that happens at that age sticks with you forever.
Your Gran born in White Hart Lane - you jammy bastard; you dodged a bullet there!

That is very fair, actually I find the same with united supporters. Many seem to conveniently have started following after a period of success...odd.

My sad excuse is due to my very lovely (but liverpool supporting) uncle, who informed me that I could support arsenal like the rest of his london family, or join the outcasts of supporting liverpool. I now know why they were outcasts.

No glory for me in my early days. I'm 26 and my entire school life was misery as far as football was concerned! highlight 100% being beaten 6-1 by stoke in Gerrards final game haha. Dreadful. Fond memories for you all though I would assume!! (other 'highlights' - years of midtable dross results, gerrards slip, losing the FA cup final....all very formative experiences in my secondary school life)

but yeah, probably fall into the typical 'pool bracket in every other regard. I'll bring my kids up a better way :)

Your school life was 'a misery' as far as football is concerned? Jesus wept.

I'm just 40 in my school life we were relegated to the third tier of English football and endured managers such as Alan Ball, Steve Coppell and Frank Clark, midtable dross would have been the equivalent of winning the bastard European Cup, during my school days we went to Anfield twice in a week losing 4-0 and 6-0.

Ive read all your posts im certain your on the wind up but i wasnt having you come on a City forum and compare getting beat in an FA Cup final to getting relegated to the third tier playing Macclesfield and losing to York et al

Interesting read. But just to pull you up on a point of order, the vast majority of City fans couldn’t give the tiniest shit about what the score was in Gerrard’s last game. Contrary to scouse delusion, we only give a shit about you lot when we’re in a title race with you. The rest of the time you are entirely irrelevant to us.

Interesting read. But just to pull you up on a point of order, the vast majority of City fans couldn’t give the tiniest shit about what the score was in Gerrard’s last game. Contrary to scouse delusion, we only give a shit about you lot when we’re in a title race with you. The rest of the time you are entirely irrelevant to us.

1 dodgy PL title in 33 years and they think they are fucking Steve Davis :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.