Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it's just(!) exhaustion which he can recover from and he's not properly ill. He's been a fantastic asset to the league and a useful counterpoint for our greatness - they have pushed us on to be better. Yeah, I sometimes think he's a prick, but that comes with the rivalry.

Veni, vidi, vici indeed Pep.

Klopp this summer and Guardiola next summer..

The PL is going to have a wild couple of years coming up!

And after Pelligrini announced he was leaving and Pep taking over our season fell away. We only qualified for the Champions League at the end of the season on goal difference.
Slightly different in that Pellers was effectively getting the boot after signing a one year extension, he still had 12 months on his contract and his lack of motivation was very transparent.

That was my first thought.

It must be mentally tough if you've built what you consider you're best ever team with club record points scoring and another manager just happens to be better than you.
Apparently he has said that the intensity, week in and week out, takes it out of you.

Good manager no doubt, but his passive aggression has always been off putting.

Has he blamed it on the grass being too long yet?

In all seriousness, to hear Pep’s closest competitor of recent years talk about the fact he’s exhausted and he’s run out of steam makes you appreciate Pep even more. The man has lived and breathed City for seven whole years non-stop and unlike Liverpool we’ve competed at the very top that whole time. No “seasons off”, no “settling for this year”, just excellence every single year.

Yeah, he went down a lot in my estimation that day. Can't help thinking that comment was him acting as a mouthpiece for their owners though rather than it being his own personal opinion.
Agreed. He's a stooge. Worst possible approach from a football leader. Be your own man rather than a puppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.