Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Have you seen that twat Klopp claiming it happened the other way round in the first half so he assumed it was the rule and the ref was at least consistent. He’s a proper knob
They’ll be more of this shit to come. The spurs result hasn’t been evened up yet. He’s still fuming. I hope we wipe the tipex off his teeth next week with salty tears. The media won’t be able to cope.

Have you seen that twat Klopp claiming it happened the other way round in the first half so he assumed it was the rule and the ref was at least consistent. He’s a proper knob
Have to say I saw the same thing in the first half and so assumed that the ref was just following the LOTG. So as Clattenberg/Jenas et al on MOTD have pointed out... It is down to failure to play the rules correctlty by Tierney. Evened up I suppose but then very tough on Forest who should have had the game well won by that time anyway. Tierney has to hold his hands up for that mistake.

Play like that next week and Haaland will have another 5.

I'm glad I didn't put myself through watching that scrappy game and get my hopes up, only for it end that way.

I think what saved Liverpool from the penalty was the Forest player wasn't going to get that ball. I'm not sure how that would have gone if a City defender took that risk, possibly the same decision.

There's no way City get that amount of extra time though(Kloppage-Time was a fairly decent pun from MOTD) and there's definitely no way they give the drop ball to the wrong team. Equally, that Elanga chance arrows into the bottom corner if he has that same chance against City(you just know it) and Awoniyi hoofs that ball for out of touch inside the opposition half, after Liverpool's final corner and it's game over.

It's as Pep always alludes to, we can't rely on refs get all their calls right or the opposition to take their chances against our title challengers, like they would if City gave those up against them. It's up to City themselves, to be the deciding factor.

Also, as unfair as it is on Forest, at least Liverpool fans have to shut up about that offside decision against Spurs now (denied 1 point) because that's an extra two points from a blatant ref mistake.

Last edited:
Saw the second half and dippers were shit but got out of jail, even if the first team starts next week they will not be ready fitness wise for such a big game, add to that a trip to Sparta P. who are top of their league on Thursday night and it gives us all the advantages going. If we were in the same boat I would be worried but we have the extra day and home tie and the team are purring at the moment so bring it on we don't need Forest to help us get it over the line.

We need to play a 20/10 game at their place next week to counter the officials.

Interesting though that Merseyside police are happy for this to be played late afternoon but gmp had us play early doors.. they must have a lot of trust in the scousers not to brick buses/assault kids

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.