Liverpool Thread | 2024/25

Years ago when I was doing film/TV Extra work I met this small, wiry-looking chap who turned out to be a stunt man - for women! Because of his small stature he was often asked to double for an actress who had to fall over, or crash a car, whatever, and he told me ballet dancing was an integral part of all stuntman training. Makes sense, I suppose. Balance being so important.
There was a rather diminutive stunt man on Doctor Who in the 70s called Stuart Fell, doubled for Tom Baker which was funny as Baker must have been over 6 inches taller.

Fell did fire eating and juggling remember he broke his arm live on Saturday morning kid's tv and just carried on.

He was a bit of a mad bastard, ex Para, did a lot of doubling for companions on the show including Katy Manning, Liz Sladen and Louise Jameson, in full costume and makeup. It being the 70s, he often got gropped and had his arse pinched, when in drag! Christ knows what the actual women had to put up with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.