Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers is doing a great job, hope he runs them into the ground. They will not do anything with him in charge, long may it continue!

I thought both sendings off in their match with West Ham were wrong yesterday though.

What Rodgers should've said about Lovren before the game: We see an improvement. I'd like him to succeed and I believe he can. He's working very hard in training.

THAT'S IT. Stop there.

What he said about Lovren instead (and I don't understand why he publicly talks tactics in such detail--why not let the pundits and fans speculate? Does any other coach do that?) :

“I spoke to Dejan on that last season and told him it would be a great learning year for him,” Rodgers said.

“It’s always difficult that first year coming in. There was a lack of stability in the overall group and it was a case of reassuring him that he was still a top quality player.

“Of course your confidence can be affected but he’s continued to work very hard and he listens and learns.

“I think he’s now much more patient in his game, he’s got the stability of playing. He’s in the team because he had a good pre-season so he’s in good condition.

“He’s focused but he’s also a bit more relaxed in his position. We brought him here because we believe he can be a top class defender and although it’s only the early stages, the partnership he’s had with Martin is proving that.”

“I think what has really helped him is how quickly the full-backs on both sides close the game down when we lose the ball,” he said.

“When that transition happens they either get the ball back or close the space. You saw examples at Arsenal the other night, when the pitch was very open we tried to play, but when the game breaks down how quickly the space is closed. It is in those situations that Clyne and Gomez really help the centre-backs.

“Dejan knows he’s still got to improve elements of his game but I think you’re seeing that confidence in his game and that stature that he has. I think over the course of the season you will see a different player.”

It's still early days yet for all the teams and too soon to decide on the performances of new signings. However, if I was a Liverpool fan I would not be happy with the signings they have made. I know a lot of new people have been brought in but they are not in the top bracket....Ings, Benteke, Bogdan, Milner and the rest are solid players but nowhere near the quality of a KDB or Sterling. One who may make a difference is Firmino but don't really know much about him.

Any articles about liverpool ruining young English talent like Ings?
Any commentary on him diving to get Noble sent off? Lots of people saying Noble got the ball but no questions about why an eNglish player would make a meal of it. Guaranteed if he was a dirty foreigner..

Any commentary on him diving to get Noble sent off? Lots of people saying Noble got the ball but no questions about why an eNglish player would make a meal of it. Guaranteed if he was a dirty foreigner..
West Ham should appeal that.It's arguable whether it was even a foul.

Especially if said 'dirty foreigner' wore Sky Blue.

West Ham should appeal that.It's arguable whether it was even a foul.

They'd have to be daft not too. From some angles you can see why the ref sent him off. It looked like he'd jumped in, but replays show there was nothing in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.