Liverpool ticket details

It's not only the distribution of away tickets that is a state secret but also the number of seasoncard holders we have.

None issued for the last two years and none will be this year. No indication of how many NEW SCs will be issued when the expanded NS opens either. The club has been actively reducing the number as they can sell them at far higher prices match by match. Add to that the disgusting scam of trying to con SC holders to drop down to Silver without stating there was no way back in the first window after the COVID shutdown.

There is no commercial advantage to this but merely the wish to not advertise what they are doing. Liverpool are open about their numbers (27,000 with the additional 1000 in the expanded Anfield Road end) and you can see where you are on the waiting list. They have a lot lower proportion than us but I'm sure our management would love to get closer to their numbers.

I'd guess that anyone who moves to the new NS, their old seat won't be up for SC allocation and will become a general sale ticket, with historic drop offs we'll probably by less than 50% SC when the new bit opens.

I'd guess that anyone who moves to the new NS, their old seat won't be up for SC allocation and will become a general sale ticket, with historic drop offs we'll probably by less than 50% SC when the new bit opens.
Very unlikely. City aren’t going to risk selling 30k plus tickets on match by match day basis. Some games it’s a struggle to sell 10k to match day tickets and that’s on top of the approx 10k of season card tickets that are being resold / transferred for every home game.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly.

No-one will know (not even CM reps).

Very unlikely. City aren’t going to risk selling 30k plus tickets on match by match day basis. Some games it’s a struggle to sell 10k to match day season cards tonnon season card holders and that’s on top of the approx 10k of season card tickets they are being resold / transferred for every home game.
There would be no problem whatsoever for a large proportion of games. For the lesser games they would just reduce the prices and still make more. So not £61 minimum for Burnley for example.

Very unlikely. City aren’t going to risk selling 30k plus tickets on match by match day basis. Some games it’s a struggle to sell 10k to match day season cards tonnon season card holders and that’s on top of the approx 10k of season card tickets they are being resold / transferred for every home game.
Time will tell Tim, although we'll be kept in the dark by the club, there'll be enough fans staying in old seats to see who 'moves in', we've been told by many on here that when a neighbour has turfed their ticket in it's now filled by a different person every game.

There would be no problem whatsoever for a large proportion of games. For the lesser games they would just reduce the prices and still make more. So not £61 minimum for Burnley for example.
City will replace FOCs (not renewing) with more junior season card holders. The number of match day tickets will increase but they won’t be trying to sell 30 to 40k match day tickets per game

City will replace FOCs (not renewing) with more junior season card holders. The number of match day tickets will increase but they won’t be trying to sell 30 to 40k match day tickets per game
Have you any evidence of that? There is always 'churn' each summer and there would have been more after COVID but no new SCs have been issued for the past two years. None will be issued this year either from what I was told by a club employee in a phone call about a separate matter a few months ago.

Selling tickets is hardly the mammoth task it was years ago as it is online. My guess is that the club will have around 35k SC holders when the NS extension is open so there will be around 25k to sell for each game minus the away allocation.

Edit: as I'm a SC holder I actually forgot that they put every game up for sale at the start of the season too.

To argue against myself to an extent you could say that reducing the proportion of SC holders is a good thing in enabling a wider range of supporters to get tickets (especially the bigger games). Currently it's more or less the same people like me at every game so if there were less SCs then it would be enabling / encouraging new match going fans.

The club has to be more transparent though as they never open up about ticketing generally.

I would imagine any new season cards may only be Silver ones Tim, they can make a lot more money selling the big games as individual tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.