Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Trophies handed out at the end of the season
1. Premier league 2. Champions league 3. FA Cup 4. Carabao Cup 5. Europa league
Trophies not handed out 1. We beat Man City Trophy 2. We kept a clean sheet at Anfield trophy 3. Retweets trophy 4. Bus batterings cup 5. Atmosphere cup

Sane got owned last night by T-A, completely wasted every opportunity or chose the wrong pass. He’s got to wise up, his petulant attitude when it doesn’t go his way really pisses me off.
I don’t believe this is recoverable unless we are 2 -0 up before half time. Candlepool know all they need is a draw, but you can garuntee they’ll score.
Shame we didn’t show up and in my eyes bottled it against a team we should have at least got a draw with.

I completely disagree - If Sane's decision making was better a long with his end product no one would be saying T-A had a good game. He passes to De Bruyne, we score. He lays it off to Jesus rather than that weird volley thing, we probably score, if the goal that was disallowed was allowed then we have a completely different view of the game

Sane wasn't great but it had little or nothing to do with T-A

We need a player who can attack from deep with pace - Willian, Hazard type. Sterling tries but always looks off balance and out of control. Brilliant as Kev is, he isn't a speed merchant.

Team looked unbalanced - nothing on the RHS and little support for Sane on the left.

We play the ball wide but then hit crosses for our small central strikers ???

Bad day at the office - everyone on this forum is pissed, but onward we go. Roll on Saturday and then the second leg.

It's only half time in the tie & you lot are more than capable of banging 4 past us at your gaff.
Difficult to stomach some of the bs some of you have directed at Pep & the team and I'm a red!
Your main problem last night wasn't Sane or Laporte..it was your right side & Walker exposed too easily.
Here's to an enthralling 2nd leg & if you guys do manage to pull a rabbit out the bag i will still wish you well winning the tournament.
Hope you smash Utd at the weekend.
Already apologised on their behalf & I'll say it again,sorry for seeing the dumb fks who targeted your team bus last night,they have no place in football at all.
Cheers. A comment from a fan, not and enemy or trawler

Watching the highlights now on bt....really shocking how poor we applied ourselves in that first 45mins. The game from liverpool wasnt that great to be honest watching this again

Reflecting on the game last night and although we have got a mountain to climb, it is do-able. Pep will have learnt that Gundogan can't play against fast, energetic midfielders so he won't start next Tuesday, it will be Raheem or Bernardo who will keep the width together with Sane. We will definitely be up for a fight after being completely shown up to the watching world last night. I'm hoping we can do it but we need to start really quick, be all over them, be aggressive and press them like they pressed us and we at least need to get some shots on target. Here's hoping.
One other things is that we are yet again the underdogs to the whole world and won't have any of the media BS bigging us up in such a crucial fixture against our bogeyman team at our bogeyman ground (karma will turn this around I remain certain...).

Instead Liverpool have everything to lose next week whilst we are already 'out' to most commentators. As we saw in the league at Anfield where we clawed 2 goals back in quick time, they are vulnerable too and can get nervous. That is why the whistle us for the entire 90 at Anfield - its an attempt to conceal that they know they ain't all that and we might soon just be. Fingers crossed for one of the greatest turnarounds in our history.....

Watching the highlights now on bt....really shocking how poor we applied ourselves in that first 45mins. The game from liverpool wasnt that great to be honest watching this again

One of the most painful things is that we lost because players couldn't take the pressure.

I don't think Pep s system helped, but at the end of the day, he's set out a game plan which means you absorb their kamikaze pressing, you let them do it, the game is incredibly scrappy and its unpleasant but you survive it, and then you punish them when they get tired.

That would have worked if not for the fact that some of our players seemingly can't take the pressure.

Sané giving the ball away for the first goal...He must have had it so deeply ingrained in him that the one thing he doesnt do is give the ball away when we've got 9 men up for a corner. He panics and does just that.

The third goal is a shambles in so many ways, but Otamendi must know that if he is going to carry the ball out of defence 30 yards, he can not lose it cheaply. He panics and does exactly that.

IMO Pep's biggest mistake here was adopting a strategy that relied on cool heads prevailing, with players doing what they usually do and accepting 30 minutes under pressure.

I'm reminded of last season when Pep said the Monaco defeat was his fault because he didn't convince the players to play his way. He couldn't give them enough belief to do what he said and think things would turn out OK.

I think the same happened yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.