Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Just to go completely off piste, how about a midfield/forward line like this for Tuesday (assuming Sergio not availabe)?

Sane Jesus Bernardo
Silva Sterling
De Bruyne

Kev plays through the press and Sterling runs at them

Just to go completely off piste, how about a midfield/forward line like this for Tuesday (assuming Sergio not availabe)?

Sane Jesus Bernardo
Silva Sterling
De Bruyne

Kev plays through the press and Sterling runs at them
Might as well, Liverpool bypass the midfield anyway so it’s not a bad shout.

It was there front 3 that win it for them there work rate first half was none stop

Thing is that their tactic only lasts for so long, hence why they did it in bursts through the first 45 mins. We should have remained in control of the ball but not over committed the attack to keep it tight - that is where we failed

I think we will do it on tuesday, 3 games in 7 days for them is a lot especially one being a derby. I have a feeling that they will be running on empty come tuesday night

Still shocked that a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Ox battered us.
Only for 20mins after going 2-0 up, their 3rd goal was the only goal that wasn't against the run of play and even that had a slice of luck because before Salah's assist he tried to shoot; only for it to bounce right back to him off Kompany's chest to give him a second bite at it. That's why I was fearing the worst because of how much they were having the rub of the green in that first half without even having to play well... and then they actually started outplaying us right up to half time. Deflections, referee decisions, linesmans calls, 50/50s, our clearances all going their way, they clearly made a deal with the devil or something for that night. Second half was ours but that was equally because they chose to defend and that meant we struggled to create clear goalscoring chances; although we did score one that was perfectly fine and should have had a penalty; 2-2 would have flattered us but it could easily have happened if the right calls were made.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.