Liverpool V City post match discussion.

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012/13

44% said:
I think i will wait and see whether we have really improved or is it our regular habit of playing well against top sides , our next few matches are all against very good sides so i think we will perform well there , i think we will be in a much better position to judge by january
After the first quarter of the game we were all at sea and let you have it your own way for the rest of the game. Yet you still only managed three shots on target (two of which you scored from) against a very makeshift defence.

There's no doubt you were the better team and we were glad to get a point out of that but we actually had enough chances to win it I thought (which would have been undeserved). The Suarez free-kick was a stonker but (a) shouldn't have been given and (b) you took it quickly then the ref gave you another go.

So you can take positives from that but unless you start scoring then you aren't going to do much better than last season.

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012/13

44% said:
you really missed aguero in my opinion , there were very few chances created , city also need a top class defender as i think you are too thin there for a side of your aspirations
We were missing a lot of defenders though: Lescott, Richards and Clichy

mcmanus said:
Trophy winning sides can play bobbins and still pick up pouints or wins.
Unt been getting results like that for years when playing badly,great point saver from Carlos over a third of one on one"s Ive seen over the years have been missed.

de niro said:
lancs blue said:
de niro said:
hughes still 3 years on gets stick for his bad buys but kolorov and savic are very poor buys, not a peep of critism to bob.

Hughes didn't win us an FA Cup and League Title, for that Mancini is entitled to a bit of slack.

absolutly, i was just making the point that bob has bought some right dross.
just like hughes.

I hugely doubt whether Mancini considers them as "dross"<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:41 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
lancs blue said:
de niro said:
hughes still 3 years on gets stick for his bad buys but kolorov and savic are very poor buys, not a peep of critism to bob.

Hughes didn't win us an FA Cup and League Title, for that Mancini is entitled to a bit of slack.

absolutly, i was just making the point that bob has bought some right dross.
just like hughes.

I hugely doubt whether Mancini considers them as "dross"

masterwig said:
A draw is a decent result. We drew there last year and won the title. Do we really think both United and Chelsea will go there and win? Later in the season Liverpool will be stronger and could even beat one of those two.

We just need to try and improve on last season and there are a few games where improvement is expected. As long as we don't start losing where we won last year we can get over 90 points.

Stoke, Everton, Swansea, Sunderland, West Brom away from home last year we took two points from those five games. We can and will improve on that. 8 points isn't an unrealistic expectation.

Arsenal, Chelsea away we got nothing. I think we can look to get at least an extra point on last season there.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we managed to match our home record of last year but away from home there's plenty of room for improvement.
I think in three weeks when we play Stoke away that will be a good game to test how much we have improved on last season.

I'm dissapointed with this match.

They didnt have Agger and they had one of their best player injured in the first 5 minutes (Lucas.)

And they played better than us most part of the game, in midfield they dominated easily most if the time.

At least we didnt lose but can take no positives from this match. We have to turn up in better form in away matches like Liverpool, Everton, Stoke, Sunderland.

Yesterday showed how hard they can be and the ones against Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, United can be even harder.

Im quite annoyed at how Liverpool APPARENTLY battered City and gifted us 2 goals as im pretty sure Kompany's sliced clearance gave Liverpool there first goal and the ref gifted them there second goal by giving a free kick that should't have been given and after they had taken it quick and messed it up he ordered a re-take.

Performance wise, I don't think we've seen the best of us yet, however its only two games, and 4 points is a good start. I always believe a squad needs freshening up, even after a successful season. Look at Real Madrid, they've kept pretty much the same team, and style from last season, and have made a poor start. I've been pleased with Rodwell so far. In time, barring injuries, I think he'll be a very important player. I was doubtful about Sinclair, but now I really hope we get him. I don't think its a question of whether he's more talented than Adam Johnson or not, Johnson had to go as soon as Sunderland put 10 million on the table. He was disillusioned with City, and players that are mainly on the bench, have a limited shelf life, and his time was up. There is no point having someone disillusioned with his lot in the team. We made a profit on him. On the contrary, Sinclair will arrive ready and rearing to go, with a point to prove after being shown the door at Chelsea. He'll want to show he can do it at a top club. Having young, eager players in the team is important, to keep it fresh, and the added challenge is good for everyone. They say competition brings the best out of a squad. I think Sinclair could be the last player brought in. I think Toure starting is evidence Mancini still sees him as an important member. I like Toure, always dependable. I hope Dzeko stays too, I thought he did well when he came on yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.