Liverpool V City post match discussion.

Unknown_Genius said:
Performance wise, I don't think we've seen the best of us yet, however its only two games, and 4 points is a good start. I always believe a squad needs freshening up, even after a successful season. Look at Real Madrid, they've kept pretty much the same team, and style from last season, and have made a poor start. I've been pleased with Rodwell so far. In time, barring injuries, I think he'll be a very important player. I was doubtful about Sinclair, but now I really hope we get him. I don't think its a question of whether he's more talented than Adam Johnson or not, Johnson had to go as soon as Sunderland put 10 million on the table. He was disillusioned with City, and players that are mainly on the bench, have a limited shelf life, and his time was up. There is no point having someone disillusioned with his lot in the team. We made a profit on him. On the contrary, Sinclair will arrive ready and rearing to go, with a point to prove after being shown the door at Chelsea. He'll want to show he can do it at a top club. Having young, eager players in the team is important, to keep it fresh, and the added challenge is good for everyone. They say competition brings the best out of a squad. I think Sinclair could be the last player brought in. I think Toure starting is evidence Mancini still sees him as an important member. I like Toure, always dependable. I hope Dzeko stays too, I thought he did well when he came on yesterday.

Madrid have a more complete and superior squad to yours and have just freshened up with the signing of Modric. I think a bigger reason for their poor start is that virtually all their key players went deep into the euros and are not full ready for the season. Look at Silva and Balotelli's lack of sharpness. Madrid have Casillas, Pepe, Coentrao, Pepe, Ramos, Alonso, Ronaldo, Ozil, and Kheidera all go at least to the semi. Will take some time for them to get up to scratch.

Johnson probably a better player than Sinclair in my opinion, but Sinclair offers a more direct threat and has the raw acceleration and speed missing in your team. So will give another option. I don't think Sinclair was the signing Mancinin was after, but will make do with him and he will add something to the squad.

I am not sure Toure starting is a vote of confidence from Mancini. Rather it seems to me he is making the most of the squad available. I am not sure Toure will be happy to stay as 4th choice centre back, but if no one is brought in will likely accept being 3rd choice.

supercrystal7 said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Performance wise, I don't think we've seen the best of us yet, however its only two games, and 4 points is a good start. I always believe a squad needs freshening up, even after a successful season. Look at Real Madrid, they've kept pretty much the same team, and style from last season, and have made a poor start. I've been pleased with Rodwell so far. In time, barring injuries, I think he'll be a very important player. I was doubtful about Sinclair, but now I really hope we get him. I don't think its a question of whether he's more talented than Adam Johnson or not, Johnson had to go as soon as Sunderland put 10 million on the table. He was disillusioned with City, and players that are mainly on the bench, have a limited shelf life, and his time was up. There is no point having someone disillusioned with his lot in the team. We made a profit on him. On the contrary, Sinclair will arrive ready and rearing to go, with a point to prove after being shown the door at Chelsea. He'll want to show he can do it at a top club. Having young, eager players in the team is important, to keep it fresh, and the added challenge is good for everyone. They say competition brings the best out of a squad. I think Sinclair could be the last player brought in. I think Toure starting is evidence Mancini still sees him as an important member. I like Toure, always dependable. I hope Dzeko stays too, I thought he did well when he came on yesterday.

Madrid have a more complete and superior squad to yours and have just freshened up with the signing of Modric. I think a bigger reason for their poor start is that virtually all their key players went deep into the euros and are not full ready for the season. Look at Silva and Balotelli's lack of sharpness. Madrid have Casillas, Pepe, Coentrao, Pepe, Ramos, Alonso, Ronaldo, Ozil, and Kheidera all go at least to the semi. Will take some time for them to get up to scratch.

Johnson probably a better player than Sinclair in my opinion, but Sinclair offers a more direct threat and has the raw acceleration and speed missing in your team. So will give another option. I don't think Sinclair was the signing Mancinin was after, but will make do with him and he will add something to the squad.

I am not sure Toure starting is a vote of confidence from Mancini. Rather it seems to me he is making the most of the squad available. I am not sure Toure will be happy to stay as 4th choice centre back, but if no one is brought in will likely accept being 3rd choice.

I'm not suggesting City are better to Real. Behind Barcelona, they're the second best team in the world. They'll turn it around definitely, they're too good not to, just as City and United will get better.

Unknown_Genius said:
supercrystal7 said:
Unknown_Genius said:

I'm not suggesting City are better to Real. Behind Barcelona, they're the second best team in the world. They'll turn it around definitely, they're too good not to, just as City and United will get better.
I did not think you were just saying that the Madrid squad is more complete. As in they need far less players. The Chelsea squad is another very complete squad. If Bayern get Martinez they too will have a very complete squad. A complete squad is a team with a top players in every position and great cover in all areas. Was saying since Madrid have a complete squad there is less room for improvement. Just a little tweaking like in the case of Modric. Also just pointing out how there poor start probably down the Euros.

In a perfect world had city say got Martinez, Hazard and De Rossi, they would barely have had to spend over 15 million net a season during the next 5-6 years to remain a force.

Liverpool think they are going to win everything after that performance. They need to calm the fuck down. I look forward to them thinking again after visiting the Etihad.

Rodwell didn't deserve the greif for the first game. To me he shouldn't have been thrown into that game with maybe 2 practices with the team under his belt. How can a 19 year old be expected to perform when he can't possible have any real understanding of the system or the players around him? I thought he helped change the game and played really well.

I don't get the squad choice at all. Why would you put Kolo out there with Kolorov as his cover? Why play Kolorov and not Dzeko? The only pluss to Kolorov is his crossing ability so we need a target for him and Dzeko is the only one we have. Not that I think Kolorov belonged in this game but if you are going to throw him out there give him the right tools. We needed Lescott out there to help deal with their set pieces and crosses, that's what he does best Kolo doesn't.

Mancini has just been way too arrogant this year. To throw that team out there on the road is perplexing.

Mr. Aguia said:
Rodwell didn't deserve the greif for the first game. To me he shouldn't have been thrown into that game with maybe 2 practices with the team under his belt. How can a 19 year old be expected to perform when he can't possible have any real understanding of the system or the players around him? I thought he helped change the game and played really well.

I don't get the squad choice at all. Why would you put Kolo out there with Kolorov as his cover? Why play Kolorov and not Dzeko? The only pluss to Kolorov is his crossing ability so we need a target for him and Dzeko is the only one we have. Not that I think Kolorov belonged in this game but if you are going to throw him out there give him the right tools. We needed Lescott out there to help deal with their set pieces and crosses, that's what he does best Kolo doesn't.

Mancini has just been way too arrogant this year. To throw that team out there on the road is perplexing.
Hmm...

taconinja said:
Mr. Aguia said:

Hmm...

Hmm he's spot on.

de niro said:
taconinja said:
Mr. Aguia said:

Hmm...

Hmm he's spot on.
Ah, I'm glad to hear how spot on he is. I'm glad you agree that Kolarov isn't good enough over playing Right Wing Back. Now that I think about it, you're abolutely correct. Kolarov isn't a very good Right Wing Back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.